Another great one gone................

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by Krusty, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Highbank likes this.
  2. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain Moderator

Very sad with Dave's passing. I knew him more through the N3 community, he helped me out quite a bit in that front. He will be missed. RIP Dave.

3. tkoinone

tkoinone Active Member

I also knew him more through the N3 community and he was always a big help. RIP Dave!

4. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

Terrible news :( . I didn't have too many interactions with him and may have disagreed a few times on some things, but all in all, he was a good guy and gave a lot for all of us. He will definitely be missed.

InsideLine likes this.
  5. dako

dako Well-Known Member

I met him back in 05/06 when I Joined The Wind Tunnel forum, in my NASCAR Racing 3 days. I was just starting as a designer, I wasn't good, but he was always kind and encouraging. I didn't knew much about him, but he always treated everyone like that, with kindness and support, and sometimes, that's all you need.

R.I.P. Dave. Much love to your loved ones.

6. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

SDTV33 likes this.
  7. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Goddamnit 2016, quit killing off so many great people!

RIP WoofGM

8. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Wow, so sad I don't know what to say. Prayers for his family and friends

SDTV33 likes this.
  9. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

He was definitely a staple in the community, the work and support he put into this sim is truly remarkable. I never knew him very well, but every exchange I recall that we had was constructive.

Rest in peace, Dave. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

10. MattyO

MattyO Retired

Just spoke with him a few days ago. And like that, he's gone. So sad for his family. RIP Dave.

Tetronix and InsideLine like this.
  11. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Rest in Peace Dave.

12. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

So bummed from Dave's passing. He helped me progress as a painter and was always willing to lend a hand. RIP @WoofGM

13. RAINBOW

RAINBOW Kopite

Thought I would add my insight to a good friend

The world we live in can be brutal and unforgiving at times.
    I have read a lot of comments about Dave Reuille since his passing some good and bad not here but across a few places.

Dave was a very proud and giving man and devoted 20+ years of his life to the sim community working with many
    of the most respected mod makers and painters that the community has known.

I started speaking with Dave back in 2009 and we became very good friends, We both had a passion for racing
    and car painting and would talk for hours on teamspeak not just about those subjects but our families and life in general.

He was a huge supporter of mine and vice versa and was responsible for large parts of my work,
    He would help and research many media outlets for reference images to aid me with my basework
    Dave would occasional speak about his struggles in life but never liked to relay on others for help, In recent years he had many upsetting times and many hurdles to overcome from losing his mother to cancer which hit him very hard.

On three separate occasions he lost his home to the effects of the weather and climate where he lived, This would of shattered the lives of most individuals but he picked himself up took care of his family and started all over again and rebuilded there lives.

Apart from racing Dave had a passion for grilling and would regularly volunteer and help his local community.

Dave often commented and left critics towards people's work not to deter them from painting but to make them excel as painters,9/10 people actually took his comments onboard and have become better in their chosen field, He would always encourage people to try and attempt things for themselves and didn't really have time for slackers and for those who would not give it a go and at least try.

One of his many quotes (Google is your friend)

True friends are difficult to come by in this world, We never actually meet face to face but spoke most days of the week on teamspeak and shared many memories together

Some days his connection would be terrible and it would be difficult to understand what he was saying due to his high ping and he would have to keep reconnecting due to his dropping of connection but this didn't stop him from trying.

In closing I am proud to have called you my friend and you will be forever missed.

RIP Dave Reuille

14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

I don't think I ever interacted with him personally, and from what everybody has said here so far I regret it.

RIP, Dave. Thank you.

15. Reno62793

Reno62793 Well-Known Member

RIP Dave. The world lost not only a great painter but a great man who has done so much in his life.

InsideLine likes this.
  16. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai NASCAR Furry, Sometimes Tiger, Sometimes Lucario.

I just saw this, That's really sad to hear of @WoofGM 's passing.

2016 is honestly getting ridiculous. So many great people...gone just like that. :(

Tetronix and InsideLine like this.
  17. RaikkonenIceman

RaikkonenIceman Member

Man, unbelievable that he's gone. I never talked to him much but he did a few renders for me... My condolences with his family...