1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

APT Thread

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Little E Fan, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Benjamin Fruth

Benjamin Fruth Well-Known Member

Agreed! I had an .lp problem too with exiting the pits; the cars were stopped at the end of pit lane and when they could go again, most of them drove straight in to the water barrels at the beginning of the inner back straight wall. :(

2. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

I'll have to look into that. I didn't run into this issue at all while testing the track.

3. Little E Fan

Update, it took 6 attempts, but I believe I know what is causing the pit exit issue. The issue only happens when pit exit is closed due to the pacecar coming by and the field waiting for it to open. When this happens, the cars stop and one or two of them get pushed below that LP line, with a car above them using following that line. The maxpit.lp file comes close to the wall, but not enough to cause issues under a normal situation. I'll work on uploading optional LP files for this, and as far as the AI driving a lane off the wall, that I'm partially unsure on, as the raceline and race lp go all the way to the wall, unless they get stuck following the maxrace.lp

Look for a patch, so to speak, in the next day or so (I'm currently getting over a flu-like situation, so working on tracks has come to a halt for the moment.)

4. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Little E Fan, while you at it, take a look at all of the pit stalls. Most of them aren't lined up right. When the cars come into the stalls, the pit crews do not climb up onto the walls properly lined up. Some stand "in" the wall, etc. I would check each one individually and make sure they are all correct. Otherwise, good job converting our SDT Martinsville to the proper configuration.

InsideLine likes this.
  5. Little E Fan

What I've noticed is, since pit road is banked, and they sit on top of an x-section, they're partially floating on one side of the "warwagon". Is there any idea on how to go around this, or is it just something that has to be dealt with?

6. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at the track in Sandbox to see first-hand what you're describing, but here is how I would go about solving the issue.

The first thing I would do, is go stall by stall and make sure that the pit wagon and crew for each stall is lined up properly. The easiest way to do this is in Testing mode. Copy the coordinates for each stall, one at a time and put it in the spot for Stall_0. Then go into Testing, make a pit stop and watch the replay in slo-mo from several different angles. Make sure the crew and pit wagon are the proper distance behind the wall so that when the car comes in to pit, the crew members who climb up on the wall actually are lined up so they are standing perfectly on top of the wall. No climbing "through" the wall or standing "in" the wall. Next, make sure that when the tires are passed over the wall and placed on the ground on the other side of the pit wall that they do not hit the wall or are standing "in" the wall. The tires should stand just next to the wall once the are lifted over it and placed on the ground on the other side. Then, pull away from the stall after service is complete and make sure that the crew members again, step up onto the wall. This can be a very tedious process, because its going to require that you do a pit stop, make adjustments in the track.ini setting for that stall, go back into the track, test again, go back and make more fine tuning adjustments, rinse and repeat as many times as it takes to get them just right. I do this on every track I've ever worked on and let me tell you, doing this on short tracks with curved pit walls is a royal PITA. But it is necessary if you want to have a good quality track that looks like you paid attention to every detail.

Now, with regard to the pit road being banked, like I said above I haven't looked at this issue in Sandbox. But it was not an issue when I worked on the track with Ian, because I did exactly what I outlined above to make certain every single pit crew and war wagon was lined up properly on every single stall. So, I'm assuming that during your rebuilding process of re-configuring the track, some x-sections got added or lifted, etc. to cause the pit wagons and crews to be "tilted". If that is the case, here's what I would do. I would level the area behind the entire length of the pit wall. Place or move the x-section right up to the back of the pit wall and make sure that ground is level from the back of the pit wall to as far as you need to go for the pit crews and war wagon to be level with the pit wall and pit road.

Lastly, if you cannot achieve the x-section work satisfactorily outlined in step 2 above, then I would at the very least make sure that the crews standing on top of the wall are not standing "in" the wall of climbing "through" the wall. When worse comes to worse, reduce the width and/or height of the wall. If the crew guys are slightly "hovering" above the wall it's very difficult to tell that they are not standing on top of the wall. It will give the proper "illusion" that they are indeed standing on top of the wall even if in reality they are not.

Hope these suggestions were helpful. Good luck. And be patient. It will take a lot of time, but will be well worth it in the end. ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  7. Little E Fan

They were helpful, and I'm going to and re-release the track with a fixed ptf, two new LP files, and fixed track.ini.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  8. Little E Fan

The new version of Martinsville has been uploaded as v2. The pit crews still float slightly, but now it's due to the pitboxes floating due to their hardcoded animations and pit box size. The AI do still use a lower line sometimes on the straights, however this has been lowered, at least in the several races I did. Several other issues have been looked at and patched, and hopefully this version is a lot more functional. There are still your normal short track issues with the pace car's deployment and timing of cautions trapping drivers a lap down. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys v2.

http://apt2k3.weebly.com/short-tracks1.html

9. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Im going toto give this track a try later. will report backto if I find any moreif bugs.

Also looking forward to vancouver!

Mystical and BXB148 like this.
  10. Little E Fan

A Lap around Orlando International Speedway (2016)

11. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Looking good Robert!

12. Little E Fan

New race logo, thanks in part to being able to get the original textures out of a PS2 game now.

[​IMG]

13. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Orlando has taken a beating in 2 years, lol.

Looks great Robert!

Little E Fan likes this.
  14. Little E Fan

If you mean the bumpiness, I'm sorta performing a retcon to the 2014 version from existence, so to speak, since this version has a drastically different shape and layout, along with a 2002 counterpart coming out later on. :)

Basically, the new story is the track was built in 1999, gained EA sponsorship in 2002, lost the sponsorship in 2008, and hasn't been repaved once.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    nj9703 likes this.
  15. Little E Fan

Rockingham has been re-released as v2. This version of the track addresses a black flag issue when spinning through the front stretch grass, a few pit road glitches, and re-banks the exit of turn 2, leading to a more realistic corner exit.

http://apt2k3.weebly.com/speedways.html

16. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

I just have seen the two road tracks Old Spice and Pensacola on the weebly.com site. It's said there that it needs the Shared Folder update. The "Readmes" don't mention that so far I saw. And I saw those SF updates only as .exe files to download, which I can't use as Mac user anyway. So I wanted to ask you how I should deal with those two tracks. Do I really need this update or can I just let it run? Looking forward testing these great tracks! :)

17. Little E Fan

InsideLine and Smoker like this.
  18. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

@ Little E Fan: I thank you a lot! But hmmm... 139mb, that's fat! I tell you what, I'll try them out without "SF" first and if it won't work I'll grab your zip. At least I've never have been needing a Sharing Folder. Or had I? I admit, I'm confused a bit about that...
    Thanks again anyway!
    edit: Sure I have a Sharing Folder within the tracks, but it's empty except sharing.dat.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  19. Smoker

Smoker Dramatic Goover

It's indeed so that I had to install this "SF". Now it works so far all very well and especially the "Old Spice" is right after my taste. To be true, Pensacola appears a bit dark here and pulls down my fps. As a collector of road tracks, this is a great addition. Much appreciated, thx!

20. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

The "shared" folder came with your install of NR2003 as the default tracks used the shared.dat file within for certain 3dos (haulers, crowds, etc.). Revamped Reloaded created a shared folder update that added a whole bunch of 3dos and textures that were gonna be.... well.... shared between their track releases.