1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Assetto Corsa to Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by bigdaddy24, Jun 5, 2016.

1. bigdaddy24

bigdaddy24 Well-Known Member Banned

Is there any one how could convert a model from assetto corsa to rfactor 2 for me? I am wanting to convert the gen 6 nascars. I do have permission to do it,I just don't know how. Thanks for any help

2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

I'd think you'd ask this question in a forum that is dedicated to those titles rather than a NR2003 forum...say like NoGrip maybe...where I believe that question has been asked before...also I've seen some GTR2 sites that have sections for both those titles that have some conversions and folks who do them active...

3. TOUGH

TOUGH 3d Max Designer

Those aren't Gen 6 car models...I am on the inside of the model making...if you have permission to convert them it should of come to my attention and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Also use Google and Youtube before asking when looking for anything! If "you" want to convert them you should learn a little bit about it first and get written permission!
    Regards,
    Terry

Highbank likes this.
  4. bigdaddy24

bigdaddy24 Well-Known Member Banned

Let me be a little more detailed about the mod i am talking about. I was talking about the gen 6 Nascar mod models that have been converted to Assetto Corsa. I have permission from him.They have the Toyota Chevy and Ford.Thanks for any help.

5. TOUGH

TOUGH 3d Max Designer

Let me again say those "ARE NOT" the Gen6 models! He has permission but shouldn't be giving permission because they aren't his...to give permission. People seem to think if they convert something they created it and forget the guy where the files originated! So "NO" those are not gen 6 cars...people think they are but they are not! I had my hand in the creation of Gen 6 cars and the Assetto models so I know what is what. I'm just stating the facts...we have way to many converters and not enough creators. To many file modifications and no credit to the original creators...without the original files you have nothing! People say look what I created from scratch when making these paint templates. That's not true...scratch means you pulled the UV and made everything yourself! OK now that's out of the way...have a great day!

Highbank likes this.
  6. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Amen Brother!! About time someone explained the protocols between what modders do when they respect one another's work. What Terry just exclaimed is the CORRECT way of how things have been done in the modding community for several years, it's nothing new..

For example my Vintage Modifieds, totally scratch built by me, models, textures and templates. Now if I gave another modder permission to put them in another game. Okay that's fine. But if someone else wanted to take that mod, and put it into another sim, they would have to go back to the original builder and get permission from that guy.. :)

It's really a simple process of sending a private message or a an email to the modder. Most folks have no problems with giving permission to have there work converted, they are actually very happy to see it enjoyed on different platforms.

But in recent years, there has been a ravage of theft/ripped in a few communities of folks hard work of models and textures they have created, without even taken 30 seconds to ask the original owner for permission for there work to be converted. That is why you see several scratch modelers like myself and Om3ga Racing, not given permission to folks to have our work converted.. We have had way to many of our mods in Heat being ripped to other platforms in recent years..

You know how some of you get royally pist off when someone takes your paints, and say it's there work, without crediting the original painter, or the guy who created the base paint. Now can you imagine how that would feel when someone does that to your scratch built models that you have worked on for so many damn hours and weeks. Same type of feeling just 10 times worse. lol

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Highbank and TOUGH like this.
  7. Highbank

Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should do that thing...

This is a concept so many young people and sadly some odder folks don't get. People don't get the idea of intellectual and actual created properties. People think it's ok to make copies of music or movies and hand them out to friends, they don't get that that is theft!

All they think is, "I'm not hurting anybody..."

TOUGH likes this.
  8. Highbank

Bu-Bye BigDaddy24...maybe you'll get a clue...and as the 'Stones said, "You can't always get what you want..."

TOUGH likes this.
  9. TOUGH

TOUGH 3d Max Designer

Another one bites the dust...