Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Atlanta to be repaved

3WideGuy

Reaction score
Why do they keep changing the most unique tracks like Phoenix and Atlanta?

KahneRacing945

3-Time USORL Rally Winner
Reaction score
55337320.jpg

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
yes finally, it was nice last few years but this track is really undriveable now and not fun to watch

sadlerfan21

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why people are bitching. The track surface has severely fallen in disrepair just like Texas. As a side effect, the racing here and at Texas have been awful. Repaves only usually suck when the track gets modified, like Kentucky this year and even that wasn't too bad. People get too bent out of shape of some that is and needs to be fairly routine.

Lookey2000

SRD Member
Reaction score
Apparently too they will be paving over the current surface, no tearing up will be done at all. So some bumps may still be there.

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
The sooner they repave the sooner a better more driveable old surface will be there lol

ShadowKnight508

Esteemed Senior Member
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
A true shame to see happen (since Atlanta has one of the oldest racing surfaces in NASCAR, and it usually puts on a great show due to how abrasive the track is on tires), but it was going to happen eventually due to the old surface being so old. Boy, those qualifying speeds with the new surface are going to be blazing fast when the series heads back to Atlanta for the 2018 races there).

Anyone else here still wished that Atlanta had two races a year (the old March and October race dates)? I miss those days...

SUPEREEVEEMASTER

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Atlanta's surface is almost 20 years old so I knew it was only a matter of time. It's still a shame that this has to happen but on the plus side, Atlanta will regain the "Fastest Non-Superspeedway" title again.
It's probably going to take years before we see racing this again.

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here still wished that Atlanta had two races a year (the old March and October race dates)? I miss those days...
Pisses me off they don't have two dates. Far more deserving than Texas.

Looks like we'll be able to turn the clock back to 1997 when the repave is done. Maybe someone will finally break Geoff Bodine's record of 28.074.

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
i'll never understand when people complain about tracks getting repaved.
It's gonna happen whatever you like it or not.

18fan4life

Fear the Dorb.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Pisses me off they don't have two dates. Far more deserving than Texas.

Looks like we'll be able to turn the clock back to 1997 when the repave is done. Maybe someone will finally break Geoff Bodine's record of 28.074.

So you're saying a specific Gibbs car will win. :p

DannyM

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Im okay with this as long as they don't use an asphalt with a super durable aggregate like Phoenix, Charlotte or Loudon. If they use the exact same type of asphalt that they originally used at Atlanta, just think about when the races were the best.. (Early 2000s). So, if they do that, give it 3 or 4 years and we'll finally be seeing those "classic Atlanta finishes" again ;)

ShadowKnight508

Esteemed Senior Member
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Im okay with this as long as they don't use an asphalt with a super durable aggregate like Phoenix, Charlotte or Loudon. If they use the exact same type of asphalt that they originally used at Atlanta, just think about when the races were the best.. (Early 2000s). So, if they do that, give it 3 or 4 years and we'll finally be seeing those "classic Atlanta finishes" again ;)
I am sure if they used the same kind of asphalt that Darlington Raceway went with when they repaved the track prior to the 2008 Dodge Challenger 500 race, we would see some great racing on a surface that ages well and is still tough on tires after a few years.

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I am sure if they used the same kind of asphalt that Darlington Raceway went with when they repaved the track prior to the 2008 Dodge Challenger 500 race, we would see some great racing on a surface that ages well and is still tough on tires after a few years.
Retroactively the 2008 Southern 500