I thought we learned from fighting in threads like this?I don't like your tone...not that I ever have.
NASCAR has, if anything, encouraged more rough racing than in years past (the whole "have at it boys" crap). They want things to be flashier, edgier, and more exciting. Carl Edwards gets sent into the catchfence by Keslelowski...car gets destroyed...no harm no foul. Edwards then destroys Keselowski's cars at Atlanta and Gateway...again no punishment to either driver. To deny that in a game meant to encapsulate the essence of their sport would be counterproductive, irresponsible, and downright stupid.
Just two years ago NASCAR 09 allowed for DNFs (albeit without manufacturers) and NASCAR 08 (with manufacturers) before that.
You don't see Madden or FIFA eliminating game/season-ending injuries on the players, do you?
If manufacturers have so much of a problem with seeing their cars wadded up, why would they race NASCAR to begin with? "Oh, those NASCAR guys like to wreck a lot at Daytona and Talladega...we better not put our manufacturer stickers on the cars there." I don't think it works that way.
correct me of im worng but the Lemans game was also a Dreamcast game. and that was the ONLY semi good racer they relased.It took Papy 4-5 NASCAR games to get a full 3D damage model, which was based off the GPL engine. I've seen GPL running on ovals and it looks similar to N4/02/03.
I still stand by what I said earlier, the only way for a game to be profitable is to cater to the arcade/casual markets. Other sports can get away with it (i.e. soccer/baseball/basketball/hockey), but auto racing's a strange one. NASCAR Karts was basically Mario with a NASCAR license, it flopped. If they'd have done it unlicensed, it'd have sold better.
Also, Eutetechnyx have a lot of games behind them. Here goes:
* 1997 Total Drivin aka Grand Tour Racing 98 (PS1)
* 1997 Motor Mash (PS1, PC)
* 1999 Max Power Racing aka C3 Racing - Car Constructors Championship (PS1)
* 1999 Le Mans 24 Hours aka Test Drive Le Mans (PS1, PC)
* 1999 F1 World Grand Prix: 1999 Season (PS1, PC)
* 2000 007 Racing (PS1)
* 2000 TNN Hardcore TR (PS1) US only release
* 2000 F1 World Grand Prix (PS1, PC)
* 2002 Big Mutha Truckers (PS2, Xbox, GC, PC)
* 2004 Street Racing Syndicate (PS2, Xbox, GC, PC)
* 2005 Ford Mustang: The Legend Lives (PS2, Xbox)
* 2005 Ford vs. Chevy (PS2, Xbox)
* 2005 Big Mutha Truckers 2 (PS2, Xbox, PC)
* 2006 Cartoon Network Racing (PS2) also ported to Nintendo DS by DC Studios
* 2006 Hummer Badlands (PS2, Xbox)
* 2006 The Fast and the Furious (PS2, PSP)
* 2006 Pimp My Ride (PS2, Xbox 360)
* 2007 Hot Wheels: Beat That! (PS2, PC, Xbox360, Wii)
* 2008 Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli (PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP)
* 2009 Supercar Challenge (PS3)
* 2011 NASCAR The Game: 2011 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
* 2011 Auto Club Revolution (PC)
* 2011 Ride To Hell (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
* 1988 Draconus (Atari 8 Bit, C64, ZX)
* 1988 Las Vegas Casino (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1988 Speed Ace (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1988 Zybex (C64, ZX, Atari 8 bit)
* 1989 Jocky Wilson's Darts Challenge (C64, ZX, CPC, Atari 8 bit, Amiga)
* 1989 Kenny Daglish Soccer Manager (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1989 Mountain Bike Racer (C64, ZX, Atari 8 bit, MSX)
* 1989 Ninja Commando (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1989 Fantastic Soccer (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1990 Edd The Duck! (C64, ZX, CPC, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1990 World Soccer (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1990 Arcade Fruit Machine (C64, ZX, CPC, Atari 8 bit, Amiga, Atari ST, PC)
* 1990 Blinky's Scary School (C64, ZX, Atari 8 bit, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1990 Jocky Wilson's Darts Compendium (C64, ZX, Atari 8 bit, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1990 Santa's Xmas Caper (C64, ZX, CPC, Amiga)
* 1991 Cavernia (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1991 Fred (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1991 Stack Up (ZX, Atari 8 bit, Amiga, Atari ST, PC)
* 1991 Tai-Chi Tortoise (C64, ZX)
* 1991 Titanic Blinky (C64, ZX, CPC, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1991 Sharkey's Moll (ZX, CPC, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1991 Mission Shark (Atari 8 Bit)
* 1992 Arnie (C64, Amiga)
* 1992 American Tag-Team Wrestling (ZX, CPC, Amiga)
* 1992 International 5-A-Side (C64, ZX)
* 1992 International Truck Racing (C64, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1992 International Tennis (C64, ZX, Amiga, PC)
* 1992 International Athletics (PC)
* 1992 Match Of The Day (C64, ZX, Amiga, Atari ST)
* 1992 Graeme Souness Soccer Manager (C64, ZX, Amiga, Atari ST, PC)
* 1992 Carnage (C64, Amiga, Atari ST, DOS)
* 1993 Arnie 2 (C64, Amiga, PC)
* 1993 World Rugby (C64, ZX)
* 1993 Universal Warrior (Amiga)
* 1993 Sink or Swim aka S.S. Lucifer: Man Overboard (Amiga, PC, SNES, MD)
* 1994 International Soccer (Amiga, PC)
Also they have offices in the US as well, so they aren't some 'backwater Euro developer'. Interestingly enough over here there was concern when a US firm redid a city council's site, people going on about 'a backwater US firm not knowing how our system works'. Sound familiar? How about you lay off the dev bashing until you've played the game? I've played most of their titles and they are good. Not perfect, but certainly playable, better than some devs in any country have put out.
Kind of off topic, but I heard on the Mod Squad that MGI (makers of the Heat/D2D series) was trying to A.) Get the NASCAR license or B.) Create a fully fictional NASCAR game (Like Backbreaker was to Madden)Nascar Dirt to Daytona had random mechanical failures.Damage model was far better looking than NTG2011 (from the pics I've seen) It had four series that IMHO were done right (despite the fictional drivers...better than having real drivers with 3 digit #'s) Had somewhat of a paintshop, pre-race starting line-up thing and all of the 2002 Cup tracks along with several fictional/real tracks for the lower series. BTW the career mode was pretty in depth and fun. And that was what....8-9 years ago?
Got a link? Given what modders can do with Nheat's engine, I'd love an updated version.Kind of off topic, but I heard on the Mod Squad that MGI (makers of the Heat/D2D series) was trying to A.) Get the NASCAR license or B.) Create a fully fictional NASCAR game (Like Backbreaker was to Madden)
It may be shipping with the 2010 cars. But it's shipping with 2011 season tracks including Kentucky.Out of the box the game is the 2010 season not the 2011 one
Above all else... this is what I want the most. LOL. I just want to be able to race a car that I painted myself in a Nascar game. As imperfect as NR2003 was... it allowed me to do that.So.....
Thinks to pray for in '12
- A system in which ous less talented panters cna download schemes from people nice enough and talented enough to post actual schemes wether on a website (such as srd did with nascar 09) or and ingame marketplace like forza 3.
- Ability to import logos via flash drive or at least download templates to pain on .