Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Best Version of Pocono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

watsonz

#4TheCup
SRD Member
Reaction score
After watching the race today, I decided to race around on the default Papyrus track. In your guys' opinion, what is the best Pocono track in terms of the AI and the overall racing? Any good suggestions for me?

InsideLine

Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Pocono 2012 FSE is really good.Wouldn't surprise me if the guys at FSE will probably be doing a version with the bumps in turn 2. :)

badhairday

SRD Member
Reaction score
We havn't talked very much about anything for a while due to busy life stuff plus the suns come out.
Kansas is definitely in the works and Pocono is an upcoming project but no firm date.

Cheers
Sean

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys,

As Sean stated above Kansas 2015 and Pocono 2015 are our two tracks that we are working on. I've had to step back for the last few weeks because of a major project at work. This past weekend was the first day I've had off on over two weeks. Which includes several 12 hour days.... I hope things slow down a bit over the next week so I can get back on the track. My plan was to finish off a few things for Sean so he could get started on placement this weekend but I spent the whole weekend working in the yard getting honey do list complete. :(

Cheers,
Freddy
FSE Tracks

Sandy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ha
Guys,

As Sean stated above Kansas 2015 and Pocono 2015 are our two tracks that we are working on. I've had to step back for the last few weeks because of a major project at work. This past weekend was the first day I've had off on over two weeks. Which includes several 12 hour days.... I hope things slow down a bit over the next week so I can get back on the track. My plan was to finish off a few things for Sean so he could get started on placement this weekend but I spent the whole weekend working in the yard getting honey do list complete. :(

Cheers,
Freddy
FSE Tracks
Happy wife Happy life :)

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Your welcome... You can find our 2012 version here (see link below) I think it is one of my favorite tracks .. Not only do I enjoy driving it but Sean and I had several of the track building guys from the NR2003 community involved in updating the track and enjoyed the working with the group

http://www.fse.marleyman.co.uk/pocono collection.html

Cheers,
Freddy
FSE Tracks

RJMik

SRD Member
Reaction score
The FSE 2012 version is in fact awesome! Great job to all involved.

I do have one issue with it and it is noted in the readme for the track. I find that once one yellow occurs with the AI they just keep coming. I get the "cautions breed cautions" and it is nice once in a while but I ran an 80 lap race last night and 39 laps were under caution. This seems a bit much. I am going to lower the wall offset number to try to help this unless there are any other suggestions? The issue is happening in Turn 1 and it is a recurring AI attempt at going 3 wide...which works about as good as Newman/Allmenginger lol. But yes, the track really is great and thank you for it FSE!

RJ

J.R.Franklin

SRD Member
Reaction score
The FSE 2012 version is in fact awesome! Great job to all involved.

I do have one issue with it and it is noted in the readme for the track. I find that once one yellow occurs with the AI they just keep coming. I get the "cautions breed cautions" and it is nice once in a while but I ran an 80 lap race last night and 39 laps were under caution. This seems a bit much. I am going to lower the wall offset number to try to help this unless there are any other suggestions? The issue is happening in Turn 1 and it is a recurring AI attempt at going 3 wide...which works about as good as Newman/Allmenginger lol. But yes, the track really is great and thank you for it FSE!

RJ
Rather than reduce the "wall offset" number, try reducing the "ai_squeeze_pcnt = 1.10" down to 0.00 in each of the 3 sections - [ ai_track ], [ ai_track_gns ] and [ ai_track_cts ].

When I dialed in the a.i. for this track I used a specific ratings formula for Cup, Xfininty and CWTS... the MasGrafx Full Season V3.1 formulas. Under those ratings the a.i. seem to do fine with a good balance of cautions during an average race length. But if people use other ratings they may not experience the same results as noted in the Pocono 2012 FSE A.I. README.txt file that comes with that track.

I believe that in your case the "ai_squeeze_pcnt" number may be the culprit. This setting makes them "hunt" for positions inside and outside of the Lp lines which is probably causing the issue coming out of turn 1. A lower setting for that parameter will probably do the trick... also as outlined in the Pocono 2012 FSE A.I. README.txt that comes with the track.

Let me know how you make out.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
I've had to step back for the last few weeks because of a major project at work. This past weekend was the first day I've had off on over two weeks. Which includes several 12 hour days.... I hope things slow down a bit over the next week so I can get back on the track.

Take your time. Good mods and other stuff take time, and this isn't a full time job. Life comes first, guys, and many other people who don't know how hard modding is and how time consuming. Thanks for the stuff you have done and released for us.

RJMik

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks J.R. for your response. I went into the file and I had already changed that number before to 0.0 and this issue was still happening. That is why I had gone to the wall offset. They seem to be hunting towards the bottom and that's when the wrecks are happening. I am using the same formula as you mentioned as well and also the original papyai file.

It's no major deal. The track and the AI is great. Just have to keep trying things I guess. Thanks again for your hard work!

RJ

Oreius

Road Course King 102-0. Come try and beat me!
SRD Member
Reaction score
As mentioned many times before, the 2012 version is pretty good but I myself like the 1971 version the best. The AI works really well and I had 56 lead changes in one race there once.

Status
Not open for further replies.