1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Blender and Renders

Discussion in '3dsMax Help or Questions' started by thedude1987, Dec 27, 2018.

1. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

I am looking for scenes that I can use in Blender.... I use a Mac to design cars and cannot find render scenes that I can import into the program.. any help would be appreciated.

2. Carbine M1A1

Carbine M1A1 Well-Known Member

To get models into blender use an interchange format such as Obj, Collada or FBX. If you only have the .max file and no access to 3DS Max, then yes, there's no way to import it into blender, just like there's no way to import a .blend file into Max, or a .max file into Maya.
    Original post page from google
    https://www.google.com.au/search?so...10j0i22i30j33i160j33i21j33i10i160.4JXwaZ4yn5w

Ops sorry looks like your out of luck on this one

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

There is a script that should convert .max to .scn to use in blender. It would be a try, but I have no idea how well the conversion works. I do think the script requires a copy of 3ds max...so again you would be out of luck with no working Max software.
    You could try this, but no idea what the quality would be like.
    https://www.yobi3d.com/3d-file-convert

4. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

what files would I need to transfer over that are considered texture/material file(s) to try that site?

5. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

texture files should still be fine for blender to read I think, you only need to convert the MODEL file.