1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Blender Error

Discussion in '3d Model and Scene Showroom' started by Tetronix, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

I am truly sorry if this is in the wrong area.
    This morning I got the scene interchange python script to import .max files into Blender, but when I do any kind of scene, I get this:
    [​IMG]
    If anyone can help me, that'd be great!

2. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

It's been a few years since I've messed with Blender. But are you trying to import a .max file or a .3ds file? Last I knew you couldn't import a .max file into Blender, unless they have come out with a new script since the last time I've messed with it. :) Are you trying to go from .max to .scn? Your best bet is just make it a .obj. If your still having problems, send me your .max file, and I'll export it as a .3ds file for you..

Cheers,
    Dave

3. martsol

martsol Well-Known Member

I tried something like that python script a while back without much luck. The best results are usually with .obj and .mtl exports, but I have had some cases (like the trucks) where I had to use .3ds exports instead because the imported obj meshes and UVs were a mess. Even with a good import, there's some clean up and materials work to be done, especially for Cycles renders. Also Blender smoothing isn't exactly the same as the original. You can look at my conversions to see what settings I ended up with.

If you have some success, I hope you'll post some of your new scenes here. We could always use more Blender resources.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  4. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Thanks a lot @DaveO for being able to help me when I need it, and they are .max files. @martsol Yeah I understand. I have the free trial AND student version of 3DS Max, but my dad doesn't want to install it since "they monitor what you do". So 3DS Max is out of the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.