1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Bottoming out at Kentucky

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by sevensixtwo, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevensixtwo

sevensixtwo Well-Known Member

Anyone else having problems with the car bottoming out at Kentucky 2011? I have been struggling trying to find a balance between keeping it from bottoming out, and maintaining good handling/even tire wear. Some of the set-ups i've come up with just dont seem very realistic.

2. bmills21

bmills21 Well-Known Member

I have that same issue... I copied a default fast setup from kansas for NWS and it seemed to work a little.. I know it seems crazy to think that you can run the same setup at those 2 tracks but I tried everything lol.... I had to tinker with it but it works a little better...

3. sevensixtwo

Not so crazy. I was actually thinking the Kansas or Vegas set-ups might be good ones to base a new Kentucky one off of. I am trying to dial in my cup set up before i go back to my gns set up. I had a set up for each that was fairing out alright but only for short races. I just like to keep them as realistic as possible.

4. bmills21

Yeah Im right there with ya bro! I know how ya feel! Im pretty sure thats where I got my cup setup from too.. the Kansas setup... Give it a try and tinker with it :) Let me know how it turns out for ya~

1 person likes this.
  5. sevensixtwo

Oh yeah the Kansas was a good one. Had to loosen the heck outa the chassis to find any speed at all, and still searching, but i like the set-up feel a ton better. Not bottoming out at all, at least with the line's i'm running, and still able to cut into the turns the way i like to at Ky. I equaled out the right and left side track bar and then raised em up a bit more. Smaller sway bar. Took a little wedge out, messed with the right front shock, and a few other things. Kinda afraid to mess with the springs so i dont bottom out again. Tire wear seems to be pretty even. I'll play around with aero tomorrow.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. bmills21

Yeah I was pretty happy with getting rid of the bottoming out too... Glad that helped!! Its hard to help with setups because like you said, it has to feel right with the line you run... Some people may go into the corner early where at Ky I like to take a late entry and straighten the corner a bit... I love the track though so I had to find a way to get rid of that dragging the pipes hehe :)

7. bmills21

And yeah... It was way to tight for me too... but a little tinkering and you can hit some good laps :)

8. sevensixtwo

Ha this is the stuff I love to talk about and learn from. The technical stuff. Gonna do my GNS set up today. I like to run the aero 88s at Ky for fun every now and then, but usually I run them at Kil Kare (Xenia Ohio) when i do cup and gns at Ky...Using my own made up schedules. I have seasons for the aero 88's on cts physics, and then Cup 90 in both cup and gns physics. Kil Kare and Ky are my home tracks (paved).

1 person likes this.
  9. JimmieJ48fan

JimmieJ48fan Well-Known Member

For my Kentucky setup I used a VH HomesteadPWF as a Base. Then I jacked up the RR spring to max. Switched the wedge to -150 and I drastically changed the sway bar to 1.0 in on both front and rear. I dominated the NNS race there with this setup leading over 150 of the 200 laps. I'm not sure if that's for everyone. I really can't stand a tight car.

2 people like this.
  10. bmills21

Yeah sounds like a really really loose setup... I like to go for more of a balance between speed and tire wear... I try to win a lot of my races on pit road or on fuel :)

11. bmills21

I dont have the Kil Kare track.. Ill have to go hunt that one down and give it a shot... Love the 88 mod... I downloaded a street stock set the other nite and Ive had a blast with it... CTS physics...Short/dirt tracks... fun times :)

12. Ian S

Ian S Well-Known Member

For info the top 10 in the league race we run on this track rim-rode the entire race, although it was easy to get a setup working on the bottom (just jack the front springs up a couple clicks to stop it bottoming) it was far faster to run up by the wall with a conventional setup.

Trucks was completely different, but that's a whole other story.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.