1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Boy Scouts of America changes it's name.

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by MrDude68, May 2, 2018.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

"Scouts BSA".... Good grief. This politicking is killing me.

MattyO and nj9703 like this.
  2. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

What is this world becoming? Terrible.

3. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Girls wanted to join Boy Scouts because they were more interested in the activities, big freaking whoop. I have zero idea why people are getting mad about this.

g-man24, dalejr88rox, wslates and 5 others like this.
  4. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Do I Wanna Know?

God forbid women would like to do things that aren't feminine.

5. MrDude68

Yeah I understand that part, but the frustrating bit is that you can't have things exclusive to boys or girls these days without people getting all bent up about it. And then when people get bent up about it, those taking the heat always crumble under the pressure instead of actually standing up and having a spine. It's political. It's not entirely as simple as you made it seem.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  6. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

So you got bent out of shape for others getting bent out of shape and have turned it political claiming its being turned political? That's not confusing or anything.

g-man24 and EarnhardtFan like this.
  7. MrDude68

Uh, no. People can complain all they want as long as nothing changes. It's the fact that this change actually happened now that bugs me. And it's also political, whether you see it or not. They've already been through the gay and transgender battles over the last few years, and now they've taken it a step further by just allowing everyone in. All these lines have been erased for the sake of inclusiveness. They're trying to increase recruitment and appease the left at the same time.

nj9703 and BrendonH12 like this.
  8. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

I don't care who is in the Boy Scouts or care what name they go by. But tell me why it is acceptable for a girl to joining the Boy Scouts but there is no chance of a boy joining the Girl Scouts? I'm not a political guy or anything like that but today's sexual orientation is very confusing to me. Maybe I'm just old. lol

bubbadodge likes this.
  9. wslates

wslates 1

Can't hit the nail more on the head than that. Kudos to the Scouts. No reason why girls should not be able to participate as well. Sad that having more inclusion is "politics."

theusar, Ryan81398, Spike and 8 others like this.
  10. EarnhardtFan

I would say that’s on the Girl Scouts organization more than anyone. I’m sure there has been more than a handful of boys who have wanted to join over the years. Honestly, growing up if I absolutely had to join one I would have joined Girl Scouts because a few really good friends were in it.
    I couldn’t agree more. I couldn’t care less if you’re anywhere on the LGBTQ+ spectrum, as long as you don’t shove it in my face every two minutes I really couldn’t care, it's none of my business, good for you. More inclusion is great. Also this reminds me of a similar situation recently were a game had "they" as a pronoun/gender option and everyone flipped shit. I just legitimately don't understand that type of people.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Spike likes this.
  11. MrDude68

Okay, I guess I have to address this too. I never said that women shouldn't do things that aren't feminine. I believe that women should have the opportunity to do what they want to do, within reason. One thing that shouldn't be unreasonable is to expect a boys' club to be just for boys. So, girls shouldn't be allowed to join, especially when there is a comparable alternative (Girl Scouts). If the Girl Scouts aren't doing activities girls like, then maybe their focus should be on getting the Girl Scouts to do more varied activities. Boy Scouts is supposed to be for boys to grow up doing things that they like and that will help them mature, without the distraction of girls. I don't think it's fair to say now that boys can't have their own club because the girls want in. It has nothing to do with pushing women down, keeping them in the kitchen, etc.

12. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Hey woah woah woah, get that logic outta here.

13. EarnhardtFan

Ok this makes your argument make more sense. I actually agree here, I think that both exist for the “no distraction” factor and the fact that girls do not always want to be around boys and vice versa, especially in the younger age range. I also agree that there should be more varied activities for both (not sure if Boy Scouts have much variance or not), if they want to do x they should be able to do x, within reason.

A group of friends and I were talking about this over Twitter and one suggested that they both should have divisions/cord troops, i.e. Boy Scouts with girls and Girl Scouts with boys. While in concept this seems great in practice it would require about twice the people, planning, Scouts, etc which would be pretty cumbersome.

14. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

So change the culture in the girls scouts so that more girls are interested in non feminine activities.
    Na, screw that, let's lawyer up and sue and make the other club change for me.

Think of us as men who aren't confused about which bathroom we are supposed to use and aren't upset that we have cock and balls instead of a vagina.

15. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Me either, but if people want to stress out about everything then that's their problem :D.

I don't understand why Girl Scouts don't offer the same type of badges the boy scouts do. It's obvious some of the girls out there wish to learn more outdoor skills and earn more outdoors skills badges. iirc this whole thing started because a few girls wanted to be eagle scouts but they can't reach that level in the girl scouts

burtonbraves and EarnhardtFan like this.
  16. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Then, rather than changing things for the sake of virtue signaling, they should have changed things within the Girl Scouts.

MrDude68 and BrendonH12 like this.
  17. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Who fucking cares. Let kids do whatever they want. The Boy Scouts letting girls in won't substantially affect your life in any way

18. dalejr88rox

For clarification, we're judging the Boy Scouts for the Girl Scouts' refusal to change. So we're judging one group for doing something the other should. Jfc people will find anything to complain about

19. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

You need to calm down or leave the discussion.

4WideRacing likes this.
  20. dalejr88rox

I'm sorry if I'm heated. It's just tiring to constantly see complaining about trivial things like this (in my opinion)

Shockey Rai and ThatOneShredder like this.