8 - Cat Fleet Monitoring Camaro - MART1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
8 - Roland Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Boy Scouts of America changes it's name.

MrDude68

Reaction score
Who fucking cares. Let kids do whatever they want. The Boy Scouts letting girls in won't substantially affect your life in any way
So if it doesn't affect my life directly, then I shouldn't have any opinion on it whatsoever? Got it. I'll try to remember that.

Politically, this is significant because BSA (until recently) has been a stronghold for the traditional values that I typically embody. The same values that continue to come under relentless attack by social justice warriors. So as I continue to watch this organization implode, it does concern me in a way.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
Reaction score
So if it doesn't affect my life directly, then I shouldn't have any opinion on it whatsoever? Got it. I'll try to remember that.
In my opinion, that's how that works. If something has little-to-no impact on my life I'm not going to care about it. It's just gonna take away from things that do actually matter to me. I don't care how anybody else lives their life, I'm just trying live better than just getting by.

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Some of you are making assumptions that this doesn't effect anyone.... what about the scout leaders? This will be a big change that effects them

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Is that a problem? Nothing's really going to change. Girls are just going to be learning the same stuff boys are. No reason to treat them any differently.
Well, several of the scout leaders I know think so. But maybe that's just the circle I'm in :)

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Curious, why do they think so?
Well, like mentioned before in this thread there's the distractions of opposite sexes, it's not just the scouts but the leaders too. It's bad enough with some of the leaders preying on the boys but now it's gonna be even more likely to have inappropriate things happening with the girls. Also, sometimes they like to just get away from the house with ladies and spend some time with just other guys and boys.

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
Well, like mentioned before in this thread there's the distractions of opposite sexes, it's not just the scouts but the leaders too. It's bad enough with some of the leaders preying on the boys but now it's gonna be even more likely to have inappropriate things happening with the girls. Also, sometimes they like to just get away from the house with ladies and spend some time with just other guys and boys.
That's a problem with shitty people, not the Scouts organization

MattyO

Admin
Reaction score
Is that a problem? Nothing's really going to change. Girls are just going to be learning the same stuff boys are. No reason to treat them any differently.
lol, have you raised a boy and a girl in the same house? Or do you have a sister? If you think you're going to treat your daughter the same way as your boy, you got a lot to learn my friend.
These eagle scout leaders didn't sign up for this shit. Now it's being shoved down their throats. So yes, it's a problem.

JeffJordan

Reaction score
lol, have you raised a boy and a girl in the same house? Or do you have a sister? If you think you're going to treat your daughter the same way as your boy, you got a lot to learn my friend.
These eagle scout leaders didn't sign up for this shit. Now it's being shoved down their throats. So yes, it's a problem.
Can you elaborate more on this?

MattyO

Admin
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on this?
The differences between boys and girls at the age of 7-10 years old when they enter cub scouts?

[EDIT] Going for a ride. I'll check back later :)[EDIT]

JeffJordan

Reaction score
The differences between boys and girls at the age of 7-10 years old when they enter cub scouts?
Yeah. Why treat them differently?

I feel it's archaic (and unfair) to exclude girls from Scouting. It was very productive for me.

JeffJordan

Reaction score
We aren't saying to exclude them! They have their own club they can go scouting in! They should change their own club not hijack another......
Girl Scouts have different kinds of badges, is far less about wilderness training, and the activity most known to the public is selling Girl Scout cookies. Calling Girl Scouting the female version of Boy Scouting is inaccurate.

MrDude68

Reaction score
Girl Scouts have different kinds of badges, is far less about wilderness training, and the activity most known to the public is selling Girl Scout cookies. Calling Girl Scouting the female version of Boy Scouting is inaccurate.
@4WideRacing already addressed that though:
They should change their own club not hijack another......
The fact that the goal was to get girls into Boy Scouts instead of pressuring Girl Scouts to change their program makes it glaringly obvious that this is about an agenda.

4WideRacing

Reaction score
My point must have been missed again...