1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

BTCC discussion

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by pimmy, Jan 14, 2016.

1. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

Any followers of British motorsport here? The UK scene as a whole is in rude health at the moment and the touring cars are getting stronger by the year. It's been quite a busy week for news so far, with two major announcements on Tuesday & Wednesday, and more to come from the Autosport Show which started today.

The biggest story so far is that Team BMR, in only their fourth year in the championship, have secured a deal to run factory-backed Subarus for at least the next three years.
    [​IMG]

Also new for next year is the B-TEC Development Series, which is for cars of older specification.

And now for the most important bit (as far as this site's concerned, anyway), the liveries!:

Jack Goff:
    [​IMG]

Rob Austin:
    [​IMG]

Adam Morgan:
    [​IMG]

Matt Simpson:
    [​IMG]

Martin Depper & Jeff Smith:
    [​IMG]

Aiden Moffat:
    [​IMG]

AmD Tuning (driver TBA):
    [​IMG]

Andrew Jordan:
    [​IMG]

Tom Ingram (interim livery):
    [​IMG]

2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

OK I've been tuning in when I can to catch the races over the last few years, I do like the series. These images get your blood pumping...

3. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

I have a few friends that follow BTCC and other European racing, but I don't know very much about it. I only know a few drivers, some of the manufacturers, and two or three of the tracks they race at, but that's about it. Some of these cars are stunning, by any means.

Highbank likes this.
  4. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F. Banned

I would follow it but nobody broadcasts it over here. I followed it in 2009 and 2010, but since then it's been off the air over seas

5. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 One Last Ride - Homestead

I have caught a few races from time to time whenever I stumble across coverage of the BTCC races. However, it has been over three years since I have seen one of the races broadcasted since no channel on the satellite (DISH) seems to be covering the races anymore. It is a big shame, since I hear every now and then about great racing and all of the action I am missing in the races since I can not watch them.

Is there a legit site that the BTCC works with that I can put down some $$$ in order to watch the races? I would love to support the series and be able to watch the races live or whenever I can catch them, depending on my schedule.

Highbank likes this.
  6. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

CBS Sports Network have been showing the races since the start of 2015, when the new international TV deal was signed. Highights are available to watch here as well. ITV have also started to make races (including supports) available to watch on their site. You might need a proxy to be able to see these, though.

I highly recommend Donington race 3. And if you're into the supports, the last Clio Cup race of the year was a cracker, too!

7. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

I started following this last season while up late at night. CBS Sports was showing a marathon of all of the races they had broadcast last season. Pretty exciting racing.

Highbank likes this.
  8. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

9. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

10. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

11. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

Highbank likes this.
  12. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

I'm wondering which sim might have the best cars to paint this on?

13. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

The latest Forza has some of these cars. The various GMotor2 games (you know, the ones by ISI, Simbin & Reiza) have plenty of touring cars available, but none of these models AFAIK.

Highbank likes this.
  14. Jericohol89

Jericohol89 Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

Finally some colo(u)rful schemes on these cars! Haven't watched this series in forever, hope my guys Turkington and Austin do well.
    Edit: Holy crap, 12 manufacturers! No wonder there's no updated BTCC mod for NR2003.

Highbank likes this.
  15. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

Tom Ingram captured his first pole today.

16. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

17. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

18. badhairday

badhairday Well-Known Member

Its going to be a cracking season this year. After watching the first 2 rounds you realise what a great series it is.
    Ive watched BTTC for years and remember when Matt Neal won his first ever race as an independent.
    Give it a go guys, 3 short races make up a weekend event with ballast and reverse grids to even things up a bit.Makes for some seriously fun racing.

Cheers

Sean

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  19. pimmy

pimmy Well-Known Member

20. lays

lays Well-Known Member

iRacing needs all of these cars.