1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Buildings and grandstands don't appear in Sandbox

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Rod, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Rod

Rod New Member

I am trying to update a couple of tracks - charlotte_revamped_2012b and Talladega_2015_APT_Spring. I have unpacked them with WinMip, moved the Unpack folders to D:\tracks and renamed them accordingly. Also in D:\tracks is the unpacked Shared folder. When I open the tracks in Sandbox, none of the structures appear, no grandstands, no infield buildings, billboards, etc. The only things that appears are the cars, campers and buses that have been placed around the track. In the TSO Properties window, the only 3dos that appear are for the cars, campers and buses. Other tracks, Bristol Night 2014 FSE for instance, open just fine and everything shows up like it should. Why would the TSOs not appear for some tracks yet appear for others? What can I do to get them all to appear?

2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Can you post a screenshot of the unpacked folder? The directories might be be set up incorrect when it was unpacked causing the issue.

3. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

This has happened to me before and the only strange solution that worked is as follows:
    1) Get a flash drive.
    2) Make a "tracks" folder and copy Sandbox, shared, and the tracks you're working on into the shared folder.
    3) Open sandbox from the tracks folder you created on your flash drive.
    4) Load the track. All the TSOs should be there.

I don't know why this works. There's probably a memory issue with the number of MIP files in the track folder. People have suggested compressing the MIP files as you go, but leaving behind the sandbox file? I'm no expert with this. I was using someone's solution that was posted on this forum. Search "disappearing TSOs Sandbox NR2003". You will likely find some threads there that will help you with this issue.

timnsr72 likes this.
  4. Rod

Rod New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Matt but that didn't work for me. I've attached a screenshot of the unpacked folder as Mystical asked and also a shot of what the track looks like in Sandbox.

Attached Files:

5. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I'm going to assume inside the trackmat there are no subfolders? All the mips that are used for surfaces and such should just be in trackmat. I do know if a track has too many 3do's they will be invisible but that is only for the ones that were added first and as you add a new one more will disappear. Never seen a track that has all 3do's gone though, you might have to ask the track builder and see if they exhibited the same issues.

6. Rod

Rod New Member

Correct, there are no subfolders in trackmat

7. badhairday

badhairday Well-Known Member

Its to do with the video screen at charlotte.There are something like 500 mips to run the screens video animation.
    Once you unpack the track and load it into sandbox virtually no 3dos are loaded.
    Ive included a link to the work around i used for texas fse just follow the instructions and you should be fine
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vqognn2y14xajus/big+screen+fix.7z

Cheers
    Sean
    FSE

HJimenez42, Matt Baker and Mystical like this.
  8. Rod

Rod New Member

Thanks Sean, that worked! I thought it might have something to do with all those mips based on other threads but I wasn't sure how to go about getting it to load without them. I appreciate the help. Just wanted to say thanks too for all the tracks you guys over at FSE have made for the community; they're awesome.

Matt Baker likes this.