1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Campingworld.com 500 at Talladega Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by nascarfan9, Oct 23, 2015.

1. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

Just got back from the race and I have to say that was probably the strangest Talladega race I've ever saw in person. Really wanted it to go green to see how close Biffle would've made it to winning. I hope NASCAR realizes that the 1 GWC is a bad idea and they go back to 3 GWC attempts or go unlimited. I liked the way Dale Jr. handled himself post race, but he really had no other choice. He was the one that was really advocating for the 1 GWC finish and it came back to bite him. I'm a big Logano fan but I wish he could've won it outright (which I don't think he would have). All I have to say about Harvick is I hope he shuts his mouth talking about the way the Penske guys race.

dalejr88rox, frow78 and RacerXero84 like this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Ya know, that might just be the biggest point that got overlooked in this whole ordeal: He talks big, but will obviously pull the same stunts when he deems necessary and be all fine and good with that.

Regardless, another reason why I slowly stopped rooting for him (today was the nail in the coffin sadly). His ego has transcended his talent IMO.

dalejr88rox, evan07 and TJBartel like this.
  3. lays

lays Well-Known Member

Harvick would have flipped the fuck out if he got spun instead. But, it is what it is. I genuinely hope he does not advance. Tho, with phoenix not too far away.. I'm sure he will.

But, I am glad truex and Busch made it through.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Phoenix is not in the bag for Harvick, not by a long shot. He's got 3 races to advance; which equals three chances for Logano to lift his rear tires and call it 'accidental' lol ;)

Just remember that little thing called Karma and what she can be.....

5. lays

lays Well-Known Member

Both logano and Harvick have some karma coming for them.

TJBartel likes this.
  6. racinboy234567

racinboy234567 Well-Known Member

It becomes nascar's problem when cars get sent into the fence and hurt/kill spectators from the flying debris, resulting in lawsuits for both the track and organization. GWC's at plate tracks, as showcased today are only to create wrecks..... driver drive over their heads and create unnecessary issues that often times have unintended consequences. The way things were is run fewer GWC's or wait until a fan is killed in the stands and sues, wins, and ends nascar for the added GWC's at superspeedways which as proved today only create wrecks.

7. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

If the GWCs were created for wrecks, then why can ARCA, a series notorious for wrecks at super speedways, manage to complete races without wrecks, much less without cars getting into the fence???

8. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Joey Logano's average finish is currently 7.7. He's on a streak of 11 conscecutive top-10 finishes, and he has a total of 26 top-10 finishes this season. If he can finish in the top-10 in each of the remaining 4 races, then he will tie Jeff Gordon's modern-era record of 30 top-10s in a single season. He's having quite a year.

Highbank likes this.
  9. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

The best part about the race today for me was the fact no one around me knew Biffle was leading the race when he was trying to stretch it on fuel. When Jr., Brad and Joey were racing for second everyone around me thought it was for the lead. If that race would've gone green and he had the fuel to make it Biffle would've trolled the crowd so hard with that win. Everyone around me kept saying it was a scoring glitch.

10. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

That is AMAZING!!!! Although, until the announcers had pointed it out, I thought the same lol. It would have been interesting to see if Biffle could have scored the upset if McMurray's engine didn't kaboom with 5 to go. What a different outcome that would have been. We'd be here talking what a brilliant, surprising strategy that was, and none of this nonsense that actually played out... Oh what could have been.

evan07 likes this.
  11. RacerCop

RacerCop Well-Known Member Banned

guys harvick still could be out. nascar hasn't looked at yet and they can still rule him out for what he did
    lets not this was said "Hopefully they wreck right past the start-finish line, might end up with something," Childers said on the radio. "If not we'll be out. Everybody's done a good job all day though, no matter what."

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  12. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

I don't see much
    No CoT bodies yet.?.

13. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Trevor Bayne could not even be on the track when a wreck happens and still get blamed for it. I don't understand why.

14. RacerCop

NASCAR did the right thing. They wrecked under the yellow flag, so it wasn't a GWC. NASCAR should take harvick out. His car clearly turned to the right

dalejr88rox and games123 like this.
  15. 123456789colton

123456789colton Well-Known Member

Tetronix, games123 and dalejr88rox like this.
  16. RacerCop

if they took out Clint 2 years ago for spinning and don't take out harvick just stupid

games123 and DeetahTheGame like this.
  17. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 3-Time USORL Rally Winner

I was at this race and I can say I hated the way it ended, BUT I was fine with who won. But the amount of beer cans thrown was fucking stupid. Don't be pissed at the driver, be pissed at NASCAR for this stupid 1 GWC rule.

18. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

But according to some people, Bayne is still at fault for attempting to pass. *rolls eyes*

That was a poor decision (publicity-wise) for Harvick. Whether or not Bayne should have gone below or above or stayed behind doesn't matter. Fact is, Kevin caused all that with an intentionally dirty move, so he is the one to blame.

19. Chronos

Chronos Bender of Fenders

It's impossible to throw beer cans at a company.

20. 123456789colton

123456789colton Well-Known Member

I don't even see how someone can blame Bayne...
    If Harvick would have stayed high like he did the first time then there would be no wreck. If Bayne would have stayed behind Harvick or tried to pass low there is a high chance there would have been a wreck, then Bayne might be to blame. Harvick needs to be taken out of the chase. I want too see an on board shot of Harvick's car.