1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Can't upload file "too large"

Discussion in 'SRD Website Support Forum' started by No1JGfan, Jul 31, 2016.

1. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

I'm trying to upload a flat to be rendered but I keep getting the error message that the file is too large. I started out at 2.66 MB and have trimmed out unnecessary items but have only been able to get it down to 2.27 MB. I can't go anymore or I'd be destroying the paint scheme. Is there anything more I can do to the flat so the size isn't so large without jeopardizing the entire thing? Or is there another way I can upload it?

Thanks, No1JGfan

2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Willy B Baby

Upload size was reduced, host your image files on an external site like Google Drive.

No1JGfan likes this.
  3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

The file size was changed to 1 mb a couple weeks ago iirc.

4. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Why don't you use winrar,7z or winzip?

No1JGfan and ahspencer01 like this.
  5. No1JGfan

Ok thank you, I'm kind of just getting back into the site been a while since I've been here consistently.

6. No1JGfan

Didn't think it was necessary because it was just a flat, but I'll try it out and see if it works.

7. SBJR7

SBJR7 Well-Known Member

I experienced the same problem, same thing with me, I'm coming back after awhile. I just opened a new photobucket account and used the URL to upload my flat. I don't know if the SRD guys want us doing it like that, however it worked for me.
    -Sam Ballard

No1JGfan likes this.
  8. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Photobucket is allowed, @SBJR7.

Not necessary, just an alternative, and it should bring the file size down to less than a MB.

9. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

Be careful with sites like Photobucket or Imgur if you're worried about artifacting (your image becoming pixelated). I've had much better success with Google Drive.

SBJR7 and TColeman12 like this.
  10. John Gamboa

John Gamboa The Mr. Sparkle of NR2003.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always found it easier to use Flickr for my uploading needs. It offers 1TB of space for free users, you can easily manage your folders and set certain images/folders to only be viewed by yourself or keep it public and it even gives you the option to share a smaller size version of your image if you don't want to display the full-size version. The only downside is that you can't get the IMG Code directly like you would from Imgur or most other image sites, but all you need to do is copy the link address of your image and IMG tags to your link.

No1JGfan likes this.