1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Car Viewer trouble

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by GambitJon, May 18, 2020.

1. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Recently I build a pc, and everything works fine (games, 3D max, and photoshop) but car viewer, it lags up the entire computer.

2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Do you have some sort of capture card or like nvidia shadowplay in the background? Carviewer just renders infinite frames and that can bog a program down if its trying to record all those frames carviewer is rendering.

3. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

I dont have a capture card and I have a RX 5700-XT.

Is there any way I can not have it run at 5000 FPS
    upload_2020-5-18_16-33-15.png

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

yeah I'm not sure why it would be running uncapped. maybe someone else has seen this issue and knows how to fix it.

5. chargenick1563

chargenick1563 DAT Designs - Paint Scheme Designer

I'm not familiar with AMD, but I have to imagine it has a built-in control panel. Using Nvidia's control panel I was able to cap Carviewer's framerate at 60 and that got rid of the issue. So I can only guess doing that would work with an AMD card as well.

Mystical likes this.
  6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Do you know what setting in nvidia control panel to cap carviewer would be? Pretty sure mine runs a lot of frames and would be nice to just cap it at 60 too.

chargenick1563 likes this.
  7. chargenick1563

chargenick1563 DAT Designs - Paint Scheme Designer

@Mystical Yeah under program settings in the control panel. You'll have to hit 'add' since it doesn't automatically recognize Carviewer but in the dialog box that pops up you should see Carviewer.exe on there somewhere. If not you can just hit browse and go to where you have Carviewer set up and select the .exe yourself. After that, scroll down in the settings until you find an option labeled 'Max Frame Rate'. From there you can turn on the framerate cap and set it to 60 using the slider.

Mystical likes this.
  8. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

If I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, I think there was an issue with certain antivirus software not working well with carviewer. This was a long time ago though I seem to remember hearing something about that. Try disabling your antivirus software and give carviewer a whirl.

9. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Thanks to all who responded. I ended up fixing it by going into the AMD Radeon Software, registered car viewer as a program, and limiting the frames, which at first didn't work until I restarted.