5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Carl Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
Unsurprising, but I'm still not too happy with Edwards to JGR.
I think you'll be a little happier when he wins more races next year. Drivers typically have really great first years with new teams. Look at Kyle Busch in 2008, Matt Kenseth in 2013, Kevin Harvick this year, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski... Change seems to be a good thing.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
Reaction score
I think you'll be a little happier when he wins more races next year. Drivers typically have really great first years with new teams. Look at Kyle Busch in 2008, Matt Kenseth in 2013, Kevin Harvick this year, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski... Change seems to be a good thing.
As a die hard Ford/99 Roush guy and a long time Edwards fan, I dont care how many races he wins at JGR. I will never be a supporter of this move, I will still be a Edwards fan but never to the level as when he was in a Ford. Moving my main fan stock over to the 22, until we get a new driver in the 99.

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
As a die hard Ford/99 Roush guy and a long time Edwards fan, I dont care how many races he wins at JGR. I will never be a supporter of this move, I will still be a Edwards fan but never to the level as when he was in a Ford. Moving my main fan stock over to the 22, until we get a new driver in the 99.
OK but Carl's move wasn't to make Ford fans happy, it was to win races. The goal of racing in NASCAR :D

I understand a lot of fan's disapproval, but it is what it is sometimes :)

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
'Word on the street is tomorrow at JGR is Edwards, a Nationwide driver I am not naming and sponsorship from a really rich guy.' <-- Jenna Fryer

So, looks like there's more than Carl.

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
'Word on the street is tomorrow at JGR is Edwards, a Nationwide driver I am not naming and sponsorship from a really rich guy.' <-- Jenna Fryer

My smile keeps getting wider

Chronos

Bender of Fenders
Reaction score

If there is anyone else, I'm willing to bet it'll be Darrell Wallace Jr.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
Reaction score
OK but Carl's move wasn't to make Ford fans happy, it was to win races. The goal of racing in NASCAR :D
There would be no NASCAR without fans, but i get it. Its a tricky line to walk when fans have manufacture loyalty.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
Reaction score
Just saw this posted on another forum, so validity is not confirmed. Take this with a grain of speedy dry

Carl Edwards will be announced tomorrow at JGR with a new sponsor to NASCAR, Arris (Communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks), to adorn his No. 19 Toyota for roughly half the season.

Arris' involvement in NASCAR will go far behind just sponsorship of Edwards apparently.

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw this posted on another forum, so validity is not confirmed. Take this with a grain of speedy dry
I'd say Jim Utter is a pretty valid source. Please, we're 12 hours away from the announcement.. normally right before is when stuff 'leaks'.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
Reaction score
I'd say Jim Utter is a pretty valid source. Please, we're 12 hours away from the announcement.. normally right before is when stuff 'leaks'.
I didn't know he was the source. The only source I had was a guy on a forum posting that qoute with no source.

tbakes68

#chasing8
Reaction score
The #19 car? Announced on the 19th of August? Sounds a little sketchy to me...

Phoenix

Wheeze
Reaction score
Who's Jim Utter? If he's a reporter/journalist, MAYBE he should have wrote beyond instead of behind...
...but that's none of my business. What I think is, JGR is going to struggle next year. They still are not ready for a fourth team. *I think*

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
Who's Jim Utter? If he's a reporter/journalist, MAYBE he should have wrote beyond instead of behind...
...but that's none of my business. What I think is, JGR is going to struggle next year. They still are not ready for a fourth team. *I think*
I think they're ready for it. Whether their engine department is, that's another story unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.