Downloads
Updated

Carl Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlEdwardsRulz

Can someone change that to Joey Logano?
Reaction score
I haven't really thrown my opinion around too heavily about the rumored switch to JGR... I was hoping things would work out with Carl and Roush so the #99 deal would keep rolling. That ship sailed many moons ago by this point.

I said regardless what Carl decides, I following with him. I am going where he is. I just haven't been really high on the JGR option as of this year. In 2013, it would have looked like a no brainier deal. I can't say the same thing here in 2014.

I just see the team in a slump. One could argue on how much of a slump it is, but nonetheless a slump. I do think RFR will still turn the corner and figure out their current struggles on the intermediate tracks. With all the changes in recent years with rules and all, it's not too surprising that a race team has fallen behind.

Going from a team in a slump, to a team that seems to have entered a slump. Just the way I feel. Carl is the absolute best, and nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
Going from a team in a slump, to a team that seems to have entered a slump. Just the way I feel.
I think you and I both hope JGR figures out their stuff. Besides the past few weeks where Kyle's wrecked, he had a streak of second place finishes. Matt's been hiding there too, and so has Denny. Just quietly. They'll be back.

CarlEdwardsRulz

Reaction score
I think you and I both hope JGR figures out their stuff. Besides the past few weeks where Kyle's wrecked, he had a streak of second place finishes. Matt's been hiding there too, and so has Denny. Just quietly. They'll be back.
Definitely hoping JGR gets their stuff sorted out quick. It's just so surprising that Kenseth hasn't grabbed a win, after the 7 or 8 from last season.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
I'm a KB fan, but his problems have mostly been HIS problems, not the team's. Denny has been fairly fast and Kenseth has been the best and most consistent of the three, just without a win. JGR have figured some things out this year as time has gone on and I bet by next year, they'll be right back towards the top with Penske and HMS.

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
I really wouldn't say that Joe Gibbs Racing has necessarily been in a 'slump'. They were earlier in the season but outside of some terrible luck.. they have been running decent especially considering they are down on HP in comparison. They were kicking a** and taking names in 2013 though so anything less will be viewed as a slump. I wouldn't really worry though.

Matt Kenseth has been solid enough and consistent enough that he should easily make 'The Chase'. Kyle Busch has ran extremely well when he isn't having something break, isn't being wrecking loose three laps into the race, and doesn't get slammed into the fence by Bowyer. And Denny.. well.. Denny is being Denny. He's just kinda there.

Hopefully Carl will bring something to the table - like Kenseth did in 2013 - that will help the organization move forward more.

S. Yogurt

Reaction score
I really wouldn't say that Joe Gibbs Racing has necessarily been in a 'slump'. They were earlier in the season but outside of some terrible luck.. they have been running decent especially considering they are down on HP in comparison. They were kicking a** and taking names in 2013 though so anything less will be viewed as a slump. I wouldn't really worry though.

Matt Kenseth has been solid enough and consistent enough that he should easily make 'The Chase'. Kyle Busch has ran extremely well when he isn't having something break, isn't being wrecking loose three laps into the race, and doesn't get slammed into the fence by Bowyer. And Denny.. well.. Denny is being Denny. He's just kinda there.

Hopefully Carl will bring something to the table - like Kenseth did in 2013 - that will help the organization move forward more.
Truth.

CarlEdwardsRulz

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone can imagine how a JGR #19 would most likely look, but here's a look at a Nationwide car they ran in 2004 or 2005.

RP Motorsports

Reaction score
I tried searching the USPTO database to see if we could get a peek at the #19, but I couldn't find anything. They must have it hiding somewhere.

Can't wait to see what the car looks like, nonetheless. And as for Jenna Fryer's tweet about "a business man with a lot of money", I can't help but think of John Menard. He has ridiculous amounts of money, and loves investing it in racing related deals. Would be cool if he put Menards on the #19 for a handful of races.

Who's Jim Utter? If he's a reporter/journalist, MAYBE he should have wrote beyond instead of behind...
Jim Utter is one of the most well-known NASCAR writer/reporters in the game. I didn't want to say "well-respected" because he does tend to rub a lot of people the wrong way. He loves to stir the pot on Twitter every chance he gets.

That being said, he has been around for a while, and is widely considered one of the most credible/reliable reporters in the sport.

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Menards with JGR, I hope not.

What about Jon Wes Townly's (his father Tony) Zaxby's money in Nationwide?

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
Menards with JGR, I hope not.

What about Jon Wes Townly's (his father Tony) Zaxby's money in Nationwide?
Wouldn't think so. They are running for their own team (Tony is the listed owner) now in both CWTS and a few NNS dates. Believe the plan is to take the team full-time NNS racing in '15.

I'm thinking it's Daniel getting the call-up personally.

Dilla

Reaction score
The Jenna Fryer thing was already leaked, I believe. Mexican driver Daniel Suarez with Carlos Slim (owner of Telcel and currently the richest man in the world) money supporting him.

Edit: Slim is the 2nd richest person at this moment, he and Bill Gates flip-flop every couple of months.

Last edited:

Nitro

Reaction score
The Jenna Fryer thing was already leaked, I believe. Daniel Suarez with Carlos Slim (owner of Telcel and currently the richest man in the world) money
Oughta be fun to watch Daniel in the Nationwide series, and WTF happened to Bill Gates being the richest man?

Matthew124

Banned
Reaction score
I was really hoping Bubba Wallace would get the 'call' up to Nationwide. Kinda wanna go cry now. Then I remembered Carl and Kyle are the same team so I'm good. LOL.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
Bubba or Hornish getting a full time NNS ride, I would've been on board with. We'll see what happens.

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
Reaction score
What happened to Darrell Wallace Jr. moving on up to the Nationwide Series with Coke as a sponsor? Perhaps later today when the JGR announcement happens it may still happen, but consider me shocked for JGR not moving Wallace Jr. up the ranks from the #54 truck to the #20 car.

FastCat

Reaction score
What happened to Darrell Wallace Jr. moving on up to the Nationwide Series with Coke as a sponsor? Perhaps later today when the JGR announcement happens it may still happen, but consider me shocked for JGR not moving Wallace Jr. up the ranks from the #54 truck to the #20 car.

Maybe we will hear something at the end of the year. 4 top 10's, 1 pole in 6 starts in the Nationwide series and 3 wins in the CWTS is pretty good. I will be shocked if Gibbs don't move him up.

PMax

Reaction score
It be cool to see today if they show car Carl Edwards will run next year

Last edited:

bigrolltide1877

Reaction score
I fount the #19 looks good

Arris to sponsor 17 races

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phoenix

Wheeze
Reaction score
I can't wait to have the 19 back in cup. JGR has a star-studded line up for next year, I just hope they don't fall behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.