Closing Up Shop

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattyO

MattyO Retired

I'm not going to have a long speech here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've thought long and hard about the decision to close up shop for the better part of 2 years now. And I think the time has come to shut her down.

We had a good run. But all good things must come to an end, and SRD as we know it ends tonight too.

SRD from this point on is a forum only. There won't be any more downloads offered by "SRD Staff" any longer.

The self promotion rules and spam rules etc.. is over. Do what you want now, you don't have to worry about stepping on peoples toes any longer. Just follow the basic rules. We will still have moderators if they choose to stay. So they will be trying their best like they always do to keep the peace.

I'm going to re open registrations too.

Anything related to the NWS 2013 mod you can find at my personal place at Sim Racing USA. Grab what you want now, downloads will be disabled soon.

Thank you everyone for making SRD what it is today. I just wanted to give you a heads up as to what's happening.

74 people like this.
  2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

oh wow, I really don't know what to say other than thanks for having SRD around for so long. I hope we as a community can keep it going and people continue to keep that NR2003 fire alive.

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Speedweeks Are Here!

Thanks for the heads up. Cheers for all of the awesome downloads that SRD has offered to the racing community for so many years.

4. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

Well that, saddens me.

20 people like this.
  5. Kenny

Kenny #DaleYeah

Thanks for the info and keeping this great site alive for as long as you have!

1 person likes this.
  6. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

Matt, could you place the link to Sim Racing USA please?

And thank you for your hard work.

7. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

:sobbing:

8. Orian Thompson

Orian Thompson *screaming intensifies* Banned

Download all the files!

Anyways, it's kind of sad hearing this.

2 people like this.
  9. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

Wow. Well, let me say this.

As much as we've had our differences, and whether I like you or you like me or whatever, I do respect you dude, and I've enjoyed the time here at SRD as it was my true stepping stone into the community. Without this place, I wouldn't know some of the great people that I do now.

Thanks for the memories, Matt. I guess I'll see you on Facebook and at SimRacing USA.

10. Griz891

Griz891 Well-Known Member

:(Very sad to hear this. Thanks a ton for having the site as many years as you did.

1 person likes this.
  11. BillyJack79

BillyJack79 20 Years of Sim Racing

Matt, your additions to this community will he here for as long as people play NR2003. There's not a lot of people doing this who have given what you have, quality or quantity, and I think I speak for the majority when I say thank you. You and SRD have kept this game worth playing for me, and provided a forum I have been proud to be a part of. I look forward to what the future brings @ Sim Racing USA.

12. trevorbaynefan

trevorbaynefan Well-Known Member

What will you do about the 2013 NWS13 Daytona Carset? :(

Thank you so much for your work :)

1 person likes this.
  13. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

Sad to hear this. Didnt see it coming.

14. Sgt Slaughter

Sgt Slaughter Well-Known Member

Well, you're right. SRD had an amazing run for 10 years, and for the last 2 years that I've been here, it's been a blast.

Thank you for all that you've done, Matt. This community is still strong today because of a lot of the people who visit SRD, and I hope it will still be strong for years to come.

Hope everything goes well at Sim Racing USA! Oh, and thank you for keeping up the forums. It'll get a lot of use like it does currently.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

I can't believe this. Wish this wasn't happening.

Thanks for the years Matt, and heres to another 10 years with NR2003, no matter where it is!

16. jbraun57

jbraun57 The Stats Master SRD Social Media Guru

Wow. Did not see this coming. How long until the downloads are disabled? Just figured I'd ask.

This truly was the way that I got involved in the NR2003 community. It hasn't even been a year yet. At least the forums will still be up, that is still a big positive.

17. MattyO

MattyO Retired

Man, the p.m's are flying in now. Thanks for the compliments and not so nice opinions so far,lol.

I just wanted to add in case there is some speculation as to why I decided to do this. I'm tired guys. Really that's it. I've been doing this a very long time, seen the good and bad in the community. There isn't anyone in this community who could influence me to shut down this site or shut down the downloads. I don't take this sim that serious that I would allow someone to influence me enough to shut this place down.

It's just time. There is still plenty of other sites that offer downloads. I'm sure you will see their links in the showroom soon enough,lol.

I'm not going to close the doors completely. I know a lot of you consider this your home, and I don't want to take that away.

I probably won't address this thread again. I've said what I needed to say. Thanks again everyone.

27 people like this.
  18. Netflix

Netflix Member Banned

Don't you think that this would be wasting a little bit of time? Because, closing down the downloads isn't really the best idea. There's alot of cars, temps, mods, and again more cars. But, deleting everything doesn't seem to make much sense. Just my opinion.

3 people like this.
  19. JasonRSC

JasonRSC Former SRD Crew Member

Matt, I remember the day you offered me a painting position at O'Racing back in December 2005. I helped you out in any way I could with O'Racing and later on, setting up Sim Racing Design. I've gone through several periods of being burned out and "back on the wagon" when it comes to sim painting. Helped ya with the NWS11 templates and mod. Sad to see the downloads and crew section go by the way site but that's the way things go sometimes.

Long story short, I'm proud to have been a part of Sim Racing Design. Thanks for all of the memories, Matt!

4 people like this.
  20. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

It' truely a shame to hear Matt.

I've been checking this place everyday since I started running NR2003 in 2007. I've got a ton of respect for thisplace and the guys that have made it grow. This is definitely one of the "backbone sites" of the 2K3 community, and it's a shame to see it go. Thanks for everyones hard work, it really is appreciated.

Matt, if you would like for a place to host the files currently here, I'd love to do that for you, feel free to message me sometime.

Thanks again guys,
    Chad

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.