Closing Up Shop

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimDesigners

SimDesigners Well-Known Member

I know that feeling very well.

On a personal note, I want to say thanks (beyond clicking a "Thanks" button) for giving me a place to have a second wind in the sim community. You've got a lot to be proud of, from your crew to the car sets, painting stuff, and especially the mods this place has cranked out.

2 people like this.
  2. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

I would like to thank Matt for all the hard work he put into the site, and the crew for incredible amount of products they put out, along with the help I have been given since I was here. I will likely still stay around the forum, as it has really grown on me, but have a lot of other things to worry about aside from NR2003. Anyway, Matt thanks for all the hard work. I appreciate this site, 100%! I also respect you for putting up with the bullshit and not closing up earlier. This will still be a cool little forum to hang around, as far as the leagues and games go. Thanks!

3. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

Man o man do I know what you mean about that...I thought Zoom might be heading the same direction a little while ago, but somehow I found something else to continue with...

I amen Dan's sentiment about thanks, and would add that really unless you've walked this road, and suffered all the headaches and almost hit the big red delete button a few times, you have no idea what dealing with a site like this like. What seems like no big deal to outsiders is sometimes that tiny little straw that breaks the camel's back, that sends you over the edge.

Never say never Matt, as sad and sick as it is, somehow you miss it once you step back....pathetic I know but it's true, of course you've been there, I'm preachin' to the choir...

I found something more frustrating to balance this site stuff with...GOLFXD

4. electrodisco

electrodisco Well-Known Member

i'm raping the downloads as we speak

5. BigBadPhil

BigBadPhil Well-Known Member

Bummer to see this today.

As many guys have expressed, I want to add my extreme appreciation and gratitude for everything you have brought to this little world.

Good luck with your future endeavors; go forth and do great things.

Philip

6. Darrell Pace

Darrell Pace Got a fresh set of GoodBuys on!

I really hate to see this happen as this is one of the greatest sim sites out there but I understand where Matt is coming from. Thanks to Matt and the entire SRD crew that have given us more than what we probably should have ever been given.

Thank You!

7. bigrolltide1877

bigrolltide1877 Well-Known Member

I hate to see a site like this go down. I haven't been in the community for long but i have really enjoyed it. I want be leaving anytime soon though. Thanks to matt and the srd crew for keep nr2003 going for so long and i hope this game is still around 10 more years down the road and beyond.

8. Roguetoad27

Roguetoad27 Member

I wanted to wish you all at SRD the best! Your hard work has been the driving force behind much of the success and the great things we've seen in the NR2003 community over the last decade. It is the effort and dedication of great people that moves things forward, and look how far you've carried NR2003 and those who enjoy it. This game, like only a few others, has experienced a lengthening of life that is almost magical, and we all owe it to people like you.

Thank you for all of the awesome years, I've pretty much grown up with NR2003 and a lot of the traffic I get over on Roguetoad.com is courtesy of the success of this game's modding community which I owe to giants such as yourselves. I hope you get a nice rest, we'll always remember the quality work that came out of Sim Racing Design, and I'll be sure to remember that it is off of your shoulders that someone such as myself has had the chance to make appreciated and successful downloads.

Maybe it's just a video game, maybe it's just a selection of players, but remember that you've left your mark on thousands and thousands of people who love and enjoy your work. We all are grateful.

Goodbye and good luck friends! :D

2 people like this.
  9. scarfacevt

scarfacevt Well-Known Member

THANKS for all the great years of service you provided for all of us

10. dman8

dman8 Well-Known Member

Dunno what to say really. Thanks for doing what you've done for everyone in this community. I didn't get into any of this until pretty recently and it was awesome having a place like SRD to be able to come and ask questions and find all the stuff I'd need to put cars together.

So thanks for everything, hopefully the forum will still live on for a long while longer.

11. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Shame to see you go Matt though its very understandable. Thanks to you and all who have taken care of this site and/or added something to the downloads section for us all to enjoy this past decade. Thanks for leaving the forums open atleast, too much great info to just send into the oblivion. And to echo what others have said what of the inprogress nws13 cars?

12. Dave Marcis

Dave Marcis Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see this site go but I understand why Matt is doing what he is doing. I want to send out my heartfelt thanks to Matt and everyone that ran SRD and tell them that they will be missed by everyone that has and still play this game.

13. Tnamwen

Tnamwen Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear, I have only been around here for a year and wish it could keep going the way it is, but I have been told many times that all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately this is that time, I would like to thank everyone involved here, especially Matt and the Staff for all of the amazing work and time they spend and hopefully will continue to spend on keeping this game as alive as it is. So Thank You all, hopefully this place stays around for some more time as well in any form.

14. J_Collins

J_Collins Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank all of the crew members past and present for their efforts. I'll still come here for the forum section as long as it is still here.

15. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who helped make SRD a great site. Let's continue to make this an awesome racing forum!

16. mimicthefrench

mimicthefrench Well-Known Member

I only recently joined but I've been lurking here for a long time. Thanks for everything you and your crew have done for the community. These forums still showcase some of the best work in the community and I hope that doesn't change.

Now to download a huge pile of stuff to make sure I don't lose out on anything I can't find anywhere else.

17. MattyO

MattyO Retired

I know I said I wouldn't post in this thread again, I lied. :-O

Anyway, I posted this at RURA too. I was closing the downloads since there isn't anything new to grab anymore. Figured everyone has downloaded what they needed over the years. If I'm wrong, I have no problem keeping the downloads up for you guys.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments everyone. It's been nice seeing mostly positive feedback from everyone around the community. I know it ain't easy to do that with an asshole like myself running this joint XD

I owe a great deal of gratitude to the former staff who helped make SRD what is it today.

Hopefully the public can find the forums useful still and continue to visit like they always have.

21 people like this.
  18. John Gregorio

John Gregorio Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt, it's been great knowing you over the years, working as a super mod here and just enjoying the site. Take care of yourself bud.

19. Andy1

Andy1 SRD - Veteran

thx.

MUCH THANKS for your good and hard work over the many years here.

>>> RESPECT !!! <<<

Andy c.c

20. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I noticed for staff it just shows moderators now. Are they basically the new admin for SRD or will new admin be stepping in to take over the forums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.