Closing Up Shop

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogryan100

dogryan100 Well-Known Member

It would be best for everyone to keep the downloads open. There are MANY files (logos and numbers) that I don't necessarily need right now, but will probably need them in the future.

8 people like this.
  2. nascarfan89

nascarfan89 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your immeasurable contribution to the Nr2003 community, Matt. We all appreciate how you've helped keep this game relevant.

As far as the downloads, I, for one, would really appreciate the downloads being left up as an archive. I've build a huge collection of files, but what happens if I lose the computer and/or portable HD to corruption or theft? I think some other members may feel the same way. Just my opinion though, and if it adds to the server costs, I totally understand closing the downloads down.

Thanks again.

3. NascarForLive

NascarForLive Well-Known Member

Ahwwwwwww :'( such a shame, but I understand.

Thank you guys and everybody else who painted cars SO much! You've been making my racing life a lot better! I've only been member from SRD for a few years, but still, this site has grown to be one of my favorites. So again, thanks for making all this possible!

4. racerboy146

racerboy146 Well-Known Member

As a new guy, I for one hope you keep the downloads open. I just joined the community last year, and this site's downloads section has helped me out big time. So many sites have closed over the years, and with them, their downloads sections. It's making it harder and harder to find files. Having a huge downloads section like srd has allows the newbies like me really get into nr2003.

5. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this for so long through so many different waves of NR2003 players.

Thanks for bringing some of the best content consistently to the community for all different kinds of mods.

Thanks for spending the time to learn new things and bring awesome new content and taking a 10 year old game to the next level.

Thanks for providing a place to gather and socialize and hone our craft.

Thanks for giving me a shot 8 years ago and letting me go, making me better at what I do and helping make me the painter and person I am today.

Finally, thanks for the time, sacrifice, devotion, and friendship. I hope you enjoy the relaxation and whatever the future brings.

1 person likes this.
  6. ERS

ERS Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything. I am always amazed at the talent on display here. Good luck in the future.

ERS

7. NNS

NNS Well-Known Member

Another new guy saying thanks, Matt
    Mike

8. Mcc457

Mcc457 Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything, I would not know of this game without SRD and are very thankful of its contributions, sorry for the little bit of drama I brought

9. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

I have to say something here, you know it's not really the downloads or leagues that are the biggest contribution I see that SRD has been over time, but SRD has been really one of the main hubs for the community to actually be a community, I mean just look how many of folks that have our own sites or are crew on other sites that come here to be part of the dialog.
    THAT at least as far as I am concerned is the biggest contribution SRD has been and I hope continues to be. It's the community aspect that brings me here, sure a download may be great from time to time but anybody that isn't joining in one of the many dialogs in the many threads here is or has missed out on the whole point of a place like this. Shared interest, commonality. Perhaps it's one of the biggest reasons the game still has legs.

I can only imagine how many friendships have began here and what those unions may be bringing to the NR2003 community as a whole.

11 people like this.
  10. DropBack

DropBack Anytime...Anyplace!!!!

Matt, sincerely...Thank you for everything. This site has been truly amazing and has kept my interest level up with NR2003. Members of the forums that I have came in contact with have truly been a class act and thank everyone. I am currently deployed and the network out here is worst than what the equivalent of dial-up back home. Thank you for keeping the downloads open. And again thank you for what you currently do and what you have done. Being able to jump in these forums gives me the "get a way" I need to keep me sane.

Very Respectfully,

AMC(AW/SW) Jason Blanford
    VFA-143 Pukin' Dogs
    Onboard USS Dwight D. Eisenhower(CVN-69)

1 person likes this.
  11. racerboy146

racerboy146 Well-Known Member

I agree. I was just saying that the downloads are a great for everyone. I mean, it makes it so much easier to get started in the modding and such. But yeah, the best thing about srd is the community itself. That's why I'm sort of dissapointed that there's going to be some changes. I hope it doesn't change too much...

12. fosterick

fosterick Well-Known Member

Hate to see another Sim site go by the way side.
    THANK YOU SRD for all the great items you have done over the years.
    You will be missed.
    :-O

13. cantdrive55

cantdrive55 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the hard work this site and its crew have provided to the community through mods, templates, logos, numbers, game enhancements, carsets, and countless other updates that have kept NR2003 viable. I know I've ruffled a few feathers as of late, and I'm sorry if it contributed to this decision. Matt and crew, best of luck in all your future endeavors.

14. B.McKeever

B.McKeever Well-Known Member

Thank you, Matt. SRD has been the only site I regularly check. No matter how many times MattSRD throws me in the dog house.

1 person likes this.
  15. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

I can't really add anything in this post that hasn't been said already, so, thank you. Hopefully we'll all still see you around from time to time in the future, but if not, good luck wherever you go from here. You'll always be remembered as one of the NR2003 pioneers, and for running the best sim racing site alive.

Thanks, and good luck.

-labontefanboy

16. T_White

T_White Active Member

No one ever did 2048 temps like you guys. Well, did anyone do them at all????

Tim

17. mimicthefrench

mimicthefrench Well-Known Member

Big Evil is working on a set for the Gen6 mod, the Toyota has been released already and looks amazing.

18. BNSF1995

BNSF1995 Well-Known Member

So that's how I was able to join. Good/bad timing on my part.

19. T_White

T_White Active Member

Those are not PSP7 compatible. SRD's were : (

20. dogryan100

dogryan100 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.