1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

College Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by labontefanboy, Dec 4, 2015.

1. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

Zags top S-Car 77-73.
    UNC leads the Ducks 39-36 at half. Now, if they can just hold 'em off for 20 more minutes... :rolleyes:

2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

UNC take my energy.

3. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

UNC holds on by a thread yet again. This should be a good title game.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  4. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

Georgetown is hiring Patrick Ewing to be its next head coach. Also, go Zags!

5. nj9703

Roy needs to give these guys a stern talking during halftime. Too many quick shots, and not going to the inside enough.

6. nj9703

YESSSS! UNC 2017 National Champions!!!

BrendonH12 likes this.
  7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

It was a good run, Zags. My Elite Eight was perfect the rest of the way through the bracket, which is cool. Just the round of 32 messed me up a bit, but my bracket is one of the best I ever made, which makes me happy, I guess. Only happy part of me about UNC winning is the part of me that chose them to win in 1 of my 16 brackets I made.

8. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

So happy for UNC, gotta buy a shirt lol.

9. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Congrats to UNC, a well-deserved title. But holy cow, those referees should be incarcerated for their performance tonight. It felt like there was a foul called on every single god damn play during most of the 2nd half. Didn't affect the outcome either way, it was just bad call after bad call. Ruined the flow of the game.

10. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

The refs though??? lol

11. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

The refs called a crap ton of fouls on VCU in their first round game, but now people want to notice the refs bad calls in the championship game when it's UNC and Gonzaga lol.

12. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

It just took away any flow to the game. Just let them play. It seemed like every little bump was called a foul. The refs seemed like they wanted the spotlight last night.

TColeman12 likes this.
  13. labontefanboy

Refs were bad most of the season, particularly in the NCAA tournament, but last night was on another level, especially with the spotlight.

Didn't watch much of the VCU game so I don't know how bad they were then, but there were multiple blatant bad calls from the tournament that I can name off the top of my head, and that should never be the case. The no-call on basket interference in Gonzaga-Northwestern, the horrifically bad "flagrant" foul against Seton Hall, the blown out of bounds call in UNC-Arkansas, and the missed call last night when Kennedy Meeks' hand was out of bounds on the jump ball.

Nobody really expects officials to be perfect, but they shouldn't be the story of so many games and last night was just bad. Again, I don't think they favored UNC or affected the outcome, UNC won fair and square, but the game just sucked to watch with foul after foul.

puckhogg11 and TColeman12 like this.
  14. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

IMG_4274.PNG
    Bottom stat... UNC won fair and square, true. Those calls last night affected both teams.

15. labontefanboy

Huge college hoops news today, a number of assistant coaches, schools, recruits, agents, and shoe companies are caught up in a massive corruption scandal. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

Assistant coaches from Arizona, Auburn, USC, and Oklahoma State were arrested (the OSU coach was at South Carolina supposedly when the potential violations occurred) and Louisville and Miami are also heavily implicated. It's already out that Louisville paid top 20 recruit Brian Bowen and his family $100,000 to come, and from reading through some of the FBI release it looks like Jahvon Quinerly is the player referenced who got paid $20,000 to commit to Arizona, which sucks for me as a Nova fan since he was down to Arizona and Villanova. I'm sure that more stuff will be known in the coming days and weeks. Wild stuff.

16. CJL5

CJL5 Owner of EcoBoost Racing

Time to clean the house here in Louisville. Maybe the only way the basketball program will learn if it's given the death penalty. :rolleyes:

17. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

Honestly seeing Loyola go this far is damn awesome. I love it.

11rows0f3 likes this.
  18. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

I'd love to know what this whole deal with the "possession arrow" is. Why doesn't the NCAA call for a jump ball when two players are fighting for possession and they just say "possession arrow towards Team A" instead?

19. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

So we're guaranteed that one Final Four team will be a 9 seed or lower. Glass slipper in the South regional.

20. 11rows0f3

11rows0f3 Well-Known Member

Purdue alum and fan here. People were ripping our region as the easiest, now it's the toughest with all the top seeds left. lol Purdue luck. We're down Haas too, I'd be shocked if we beat Texas Tech tonight, but we'll keep trying our hardest! :D

[​IMG]

ThatOneShredder likes this.