5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

College Football Discussion

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know munch about Irish jigs. But that sure has hell don't look like one to me.

I also like your guys security over in Europe. They just sit there and watch the guy. They do not run over or any thing. If that happened over here in the states. Before that guy could have even started. He would have been tackled guy at lest 4 guys. Then hauled off in cuffs.

Also when the camera guy or what ever he was. Put up his hand to hold the guy. That was a US state patrol with the navy shirt and gray pants. I know they proved security for the coaches. But is there really a need for them to travel to Europe. I do know they travel with the teams in the US.

No there isn't, RTE said the exact same thing, let the Gardai do the security and leave the US guys at home. That wasn't a jig at all, but I know from the soccer matches in Ireland the Gardai can get nasty if they need to.

But, the CFB crowd weren't out of control or had a hostile atmosphere at all far as I could tell, I was sitting up in the stands and got talking to a bunch of Irish fans and ND Irish fans who made the trip over, they were gushing about how cool Ireland is.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Oklahoma State...what did Savannah State ever do to you?

The Charlie Weis era started at Kansas, a 31-17 win over South Dakota State. Dayne Crist was ok, but not perfect. The running game was good, but the recievers were only fair. The defense was better than last year, but still the secondary was at points, awful. They gave up 411 yards to a FCS team. I may be watching a team that goes 2-10 or 4-8.

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Virginia Tech just sent the game into OT, 17-17 against Georgia Tech. Tech has first possession.

DBReaver35

May the 4 be in victory lane
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ahh Finally a win in the season opener. The Hokies need some work but it was a great game.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Guys, I think there is a new bottom feeder in the SEC, courtsey of the Big XII... (y)

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Very happy to watch my 2 favorite teams, Clemson and Notre Dame have solid wins. Great game Saturday night between the two tiger teams, happy to see Clemson pull out the win after a sloppy first half with dropped passes and penalties. Hopefully Andre Ellington and DeAndre Hopkins can have some more big games so the pressure won't entirely be on Sammy Watkins when he gets back from suspension.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Geez, Texas State has played one game in the FBS and they've already gotten 10 top 25 votes. Seems like 10 people must have forgotten that Case Keenum graduated from Houston....

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The rankings in my eyes. Always punish big ten schools. I remember one time a big top ten big ten school. lost to a ranked team at home. They droped like MI did. A few weeks later A sec team also ranked. Lost to a non ranked team. They only droped a few spots.

Just wait in till there is a final four in a few years. Every team will be a sec team. It wont fix a thing.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
Geez, Texas State has played one game in the FBS and they've already gotten 10 top 25 votes. Seems like 10 people must have forgotten that Case Keenum graduated from Houston....

Eh, that usually happens when a little guy upsets a decent team. They won't receive any next week.

Last edited:

SKiNDATA

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys know about this, but ESPN3.com is pretty awesome. I think you have to have a certain ISP to be able to watch any of it, but if you do you can watch a ton of different games. The quality is as good as it gets, right now I'm watching my Buckeyes vs UCF. Wish they had NASCAR on later tonight though...:-/

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
I believe they actually do show NASCAR when it's on ESPN. Tonight's race is ABC.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I believe they actually do show NASCAR when it's on ESPN. Tonight's race is ABC.

Well that depends on what market you are in. I remember a few times. The badgers would be on ABC. The race would be moved to ESPN in my market. Also any thing one EPSN networks. Will be on ESPN3.

Any one else have updates about the Tulane player that died one the field. Last I heard they revived him and carted him off on a stretcher with a o2 mask.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
Well that depends on what market you are in. I remember a few times. The badgers would be on ABC. The race would be moved to ESPN in my market. Also any thing one EPSN networks. Will be on ESPN3.

Any one else have updates about the Tulane player that died one the field. Last I heard they revived him and carted him off on a stretcher with a o2 mask.

I meant when ESPN is supposed to be the main network. There is no Race Buddy or ESPN3 stream for tonight's race since the main designated network for the race is ABC. Also, the Tulane player didn't die, he just briefly stopped breathing, which is still very serious. Last I heard he was at a local hospital in stable condition.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN that Tulane S Devon Walker suffered a broken neck and collapsed lung. Scary situation, but he is in stable condition.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
When I heard about this kid. I was wondering if maybe he broke a rib. I figured some thing punctured his lung. At lest he should make a full recovery. He might not ever play football again. But he will be able to live.