Updated

Coming soon to a track near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I just saw the new Radical RXC. They say its geared towards the street. There is no way you would even want to drive the thing on the street. The ride would be horrible. Along with every bump you hit will rip the bottom of it off.

They said they wanted a LMP type car. I do not think they got close. Its more of a Daytona prototype. Its was under powered for the LMp class. Its top speed is around 180. It would get passed by even the LMP 2 class car. Its also way to light for the GT class.

I really think though. We will see it racing in the Rolex series as a Daytona Prototype. Shoot it even looks like one. Plus there is room for a 3.0 ford v8. That will take the hp up to just shy of 500 hp. That right there is Daytona Prototype hp.

Here is the article about it.

Road-Biased Radical RXC Set For 2013 Autosport International Debut

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
When my father had his printer cartridge refill business, John Fitch (RIP) was one of his customers. He had one of Radical's previous models (SR8 I believe?) in his collection and occasionally used it on the road. It was interesting, to say the least, seeing one in my own driveway lol. Even more interesting seeing the car try to depart my dirt driveway that immediately slopes down from the road. Definitely couldn'tve been too good for the underside of the car.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Did you ever ask him how the ride was? I have been in cars with springs that have been cut, or proper lowering springs. The ride always sucks, and that's on modded street cars.

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Never got the chance to ask. My father was the one with the business, so they talked alot more. I generally just answered the door lol.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Riley Mark XXII Track-Day car which is basically a slightly scaled down DP.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Fisha I have heard of that. I also remember it had a 225,000 price tag. Here is a PDF about it. http://www.rileytech.com/PDF/TrackDayCar.pdf

I still think the Radical will be a Rolex car. I can not think of any series around the world. That uses the DP type class. A few minor things like a engine, and some body work. It should be ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.