Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

meh ... until I see what games it will offer I don't see myself getting Nintendo Switch. I have zero reason for mobile and if its capped at 30 fps and low resolution (becasue the tiny cartridge may not have enough data on it, most next gen games are over 50 GB in space these days) to accommodate mobile that is even less of a reason. With PS4 and Xbox One Nintendo is really going to have to make something great but once Xbox's Scorpio comes out next year its really all over in terms of pure power again. Nintendo just like the wii u, will be behind in specs again for most next gen 3rd party games after 2017.

In other words not believing the hype.

2. lays

lays Well-Known Member

When I first saw the Switch, I was like "hell yeah! That's a great idea!" Then the more I looked into it I just got more meh about it.

I wish Nintendo would just make something great that was practical.

3. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Why should they? They'd just be copying what the PS4 and Xbone are doing, and that's not what Nintendo does. Both of those consoles are stagnant, not innovating anything except voice commands (whoo?) and streaming. Nintendo is actually trying to take gaming and do something new with it. If you're a hardcore gamer who wants a console, Microsoft and Sony have you covered. Nintendo is all about fun, and this console reflects that

4. lays

lays Well-Known Member

I'm actually a Nintendo fanboy but this just doesn't interest me. I still plan on buying it since it is Nintendo, but it's just going to sit on my tv stand and be a home console.

5. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

How are the PS4 and xbox stagnant by providing top quality content and a large library of 1st and 3rd party games? Also what makes the VR (Virtual Reality) not innovation? You may not personally like VR but to say thats not innovation when no consoles have had it before is kinda silly, its still unproven new technology to be a huge selling point yet for consoles yet they are taking a gamble with it. The PS4 Pro coming out in November is specifically built to be able to run VR. Pretty sure the countless hours I've spent playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls on my PS4 have been the best experience for a RPG dark fantasy ever. Also pretty sure the last few nights of playing Battlefield 1 on my xbox one have been a blast with my friends running around as a squad enjoying a next gen World War 1 setting. Both of those examples are something fun Nintendo can't offer right now.

Stuff like that is what Nintendo has failed to deliver on. It wasn't until the Wii U they finally supported HDMI 1080p. They also didn't have actual online for most games until the Wii U as well, before then like with the wii you had to have a friend code to even PvP anyone in games like Smash A lot of the stuff they do I don't find fun but plain gimmicky and it shows in the sales. They've had a terrible track record on 3rd party titles too so it'll be interesting to see if their 'switch' can actually provide the games outside their usual Mario stuff. I've had a N64, Gamecube, wii and Wii U so its not like don't enjoy their games but their game library compared to the xbox and PS4 ones are extremely limited. Sure quantity does not equal quality but every games I've bought for the xbox and Playstation consoles I play quite often, its just those platforms have the practical hardware for those companies to actually make more games for that align to industry standards.

People dog on the Xbox One or PS4 any time a new game can barely do 1080p (and they say it's 2016 how can a console not run native 1080p by now!!!!) but when Switch comes out if it can't do 1080p right out of the box those same people will give it a free pass, hypocrisy at its best. It'll be 2017 when Switch comes out, if a game console can't even do 1080p when lots of people are moving to 4k by then it'll just be Nintendo lagging behind again. I really want to see the Switch's specs becasue outside of the mobile screen feature its really going to come down to the raw power of the machine to see how much 3rd party devs can do with it. Wii U had some 3rd party games early on but those versions eventually faded as games got more powerful and the Wii U versions had to get scaled back to even run on the lower end Wii U machine. Nintendo can't really afford another blunder console if they want to stay relevant.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

My opinion mostly comes down to my boredom with the AAA game industry. VR just seems like a gimmick like motion controls that won't stick around. What I meant by stagnant was that other than VR, the last 2 generations haven't made any huge innovations other than online play. I have no interest in either of the new consoles because I'm either getting a prettier version of my PS3, or a less functional version of my PC. Obviously this is just me, but I don't care at all about graphics.

Basically I've grown sick of most AAA games. I recently got a 3DS and now I know why people love Nintendo so much. It's a console built solely for fun, and the 3d gimmick doesn't get in the way. That's why the Switch seems interesting to me and the others don't

Mystical likes this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Thats understandable. I don't care much for VR either but I know there is apparently a crowd for it. All I want is hardcore/competitive or full games that involve a controller and thats basically what Xbox and Playstation offer me. As for Switch the entire mobile part has zero interest to me as I don't mobile game so its going to come down to what their controller games have to offer when the system is docked at home. Like if Switch offers a 3rd party game but its better resolution and has a larger online player base for xbox/playstation its pretty much a no brainer to get it on something other than switch.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  8. TColeman12

TColeman12 Win the 500 today Jr! Moderator

9. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 Founder of USORL ARCA Online League

Cover released for next year's MLB The Show 17. My favorite cover for MLB the Show by far. There is going to be 3 different editions for the game.
    - The Normal Edition; just the game. $60
    - The MVP (Deluxe) Edition: Game, Steelbook, 5,000 in-game currency, packs for Diamond Dynasty. $70
    - The HOF Edition: Game, Steelbook, New Era MLB Hat, 11,000 in-game currency, packs, and a digital Hat for Diamond Dynasty. $100

I am definitely pre-ordering the Hall of Fame Edition.
    MLB The Show 17 Cover Full-thumb-633x769-521355.png

10. nascarbrake

nascarbrake Well-Known Member

Remember many Years Ago when EA Did Several Games notably NASCAR Revolution and NASCAR Road Racing for the PC which by the way if you look on youtube before 2016 started hardly had any footage well since I have both titles I plan to mass upload videos and see if any SRD Memebers remember or even notice these two titles.

If I posted it wrong I do apologize

11. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Battlefront is being re-released with all DLC included for $40 this holiday. I'd say that finally makes it worth purchasing.

12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

They better make the season pass like $20 now for anyone who owns the base game. I would be stupid to pay $50 for a season pass when I could just buy the game again for $40 ... but why would I have to buy the game again lol

13. champ4811

champ4811 Back at the Track Again!

This article by IGN says that Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is down nearly half of sales compared to Black Ops 3. Just viewing the trailer looked stupid. I haven't liked the direction that Infinity Ward & Treyarch (not so much them though) are going to for years. I'm just waiting for CoD 4 Remastered to be released separately. I loved CoD 4 all the way to Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2 was ok, just liked the Zombies. Since Ghosts IMO Call of Duty has turned for the worst.

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-sales-down-almost-50-percent-on-black-ops-3/

14. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Speedweeks Are Here!

Here are some of the trailers from last night's The Game Awards 2016:

[​IMG]

Mystical likes this.
  15. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I've never in my life been playing a game on a home console then be able to pick up the game and seamlessly take it with me when I have to leave. I am looking forward to the Switch providing the ability to do that.

16. lays

lays Well-Known Member

And most people I know only bought Infinite Warfare because it was bundled with Modern Warfare. It's not a bad game, it's just so uninspiring and the COD formula has run its course.

17. Lookey2000

Lookey2000 Well-Known Member

So I just got a new Xbox one and I only currently have NHL 17 for it. I can get one more game. Which one out of these three should I buy, forza Motorsport 6, GTA 5, or NASCAR Heat Evolution? You can say another one too if you'd like. Thank you!

18. Willjr3129

Willjr3129 Well-Known Member

HUH?

Attached Files:

19. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

I prefer the Forza 6 over NHE.

20. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 World's Only Logano Fan

I would definitely get Forza, unless you don't have a PC which can run GTA V well. GTA V is easily one of the best games I've ever played, so I would recommend that over Forza, only if you don't have a PC good enough for it.