1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

So it takes 670,000 people for them to finally change something? God, I fucking hate EA.

dalejr88rox and USSTalladega like this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Yeah.... P2W is getting what it deserves. People are fed the hell up with being able to advance just because you have daddy's credit card information.
    I've always been an advocate of earning what you have, games is no different. I understand the devs, etc., want a way to earn more money, but if they MUST, keep the stuff acquired through loot crates and purchases strictly eye-candy.
    It irks me whenever I'm in a game with 20+ hours played and some kid with 1 hour played beats me with a loot crate weapon because he begged mommy and daddy to spend obscene amounts of money. There is no justice in that whatsoever.

Makes me appreciate NR2003 that much more lol

680K at its peak.... and an estimated 90,000-150,000 canceled pre-orders (at 60-80 a game that comes to a large chunk of change that no company can overlook).

USSTalladega likes this.
  3. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

THIS. I get wanting money, but having stuff like this actually affect gameplay is ridiculous. Cosmetic stuff is fine because it’s just that, cosmetic, as an OW player I’m completely content trying to gain a level or shelling out a couple bucks for a chance to get the new Widow Or Dva skin

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I picked up a copy of Battlefront II but like with every game I buy I never use real money in the loot crate systems. I personally despise the trend gaming has gone down in the past years with every game having some card loot crate junk. They claim it has to be put in to make up for the money it cost to make the game but I would much rather as a consumer pay more money to a game if they just outright let me buy what I wanted cosmetic wise instead of random luck in a crate that gives me items I don't care for.

I know currently its not classified as gambling but to me loot crates totally are a form of gambling. The reasoning they say it isn't because you always get something out of them but I have to disagree, most content in loot crates in games are worthless digital items to fluff up the pool so the items everyone really wants is harder to get. As far as Battlefront II goes all the in-game credits I earn I think I will hold onto and see how well I do in matches without and star cards used to see if they make a difference. I only played one game last night and with no cards shut the enemy team out in the first phase going like 15-2 so I think I'll be fine.

USSTalladega likes this.
  5. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

I see the ads and sort of wish I could play Battlefront II (Switch is my only vidja), but then I remind myself I can barely find a couple hours a week to play Zelda BotW.

6. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

From Software also had a 30 second teaser for a new game. As a huge fan of the Bloodborne and Dark Souls series I am really looking forward to seeing what the next game looks like.

8. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, NASCAR Furry.

Bayonetta 3 was also announced for the Nintendo Switch.

Along with Ports of Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 for the Nintendo Switch.

To be honest, i'm glad they are porting Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 to the Switch, I never did get the games on my Wii U.
    So i'll be sure to get them on my Nintendo Switch.

9. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Does anyone here play QUAKE Champions? Idk what the hell it is, but I got a digital code for "Quake champions Pack" when I bought a graphics card. Does anyone want it? Apparently it's a $40 value

10. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I think I've hit the epitome of convenience and quality with my pc/gaming setup now. I picked up a pair of Astro A50's that arrived in the mail today. Never owned a wireless headset before becasue I've always been weary of quality/battery life but these things are amazing. I am still not used to having a cordless setup quite yet but it is really great not having cord anywhere and the sound quality is just as good as my older wired Astro A4o's. Once my xbox one base station arrives (have the ps4 already) my audio setup will be complete and I can game on my consoles wireless as well.

11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  12. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Here is a fun, yet stressful game that I have sunk over 15 hours into over the past two weeks. They Are Billions is a RTS game with a strong Victorian/Steampunk theme that takes place on randomly-generated maps of differing resources/terrain. It pits you and five troops (4 scouts, 1 foot soldier) in a hostile world where there are massive hordes of zombies (many variations, from weak to special powered and tanks) out on the loose. You are tasked with building a successful, thriving colony (filled with workers, industry, business, tech buildings, etc) that must survive between 80 to 200 days (depending on the difficulty you choose) in order to win the current map. The farther you get in the game (number of days), the harder the game gets (the game sends larger hordes, more dangerous zombies, special zombie types that will absolutely stampede over you, and other nightmarish zombies at you).

If you are a fan of RTS games or ones that task you with building/defending areas, then I highly recommend this game to you. It is on Steam as of now (nearing the end of it's beta period prior to full release).

Below are three screenshots of my last playing session along with a video that shows off the game in action (made it to Day 65 of 100 before getting wrecked by the swarming hordes):
    20180116021014_1.jpg 20180116031921_1.jpg 20180116031946_1.jpg

13. EarnhardtFan

Downloaded the Kirby Star Allies demo from the EU eShop today and played through both of the stages a few times and from what I've experienced it's gonna be a really good, can't wait until it releases in a couple weeks.

14. EarnhardtFan

Well with the Direct today Nintendo made a majority of the internet shit their pants at VERY the end of the newest Direct.

If you want to see the exact moment everyone's minds were nuked, skip to 32:34 in this video and wait about 30 seconds, if that

MWick4 and Shockey Rai like this.
  15. Shockey Rai

Good thing i recently upgraded the microSD card i use for my New 2DS XL to a 64gb card. lol
    Also, i'm totally double dipping for Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on the Nintendo Switch as well.

Also, I hope Super Smash Bros. on the Switch won't be a port of the Wii U Smash Bros.

16. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Well considering the trailer has a character from Splatoon which wasn't in the last one, then it more than likely won't.

Also why did you buy a 2DS lol

17. EarnhardtFan

The NEW 2DS is basically a New 3DS without the 3D and, in my opinion, a better design. Not to mention I think it's cheaper.

Shockey Rai likes this.
  18. Shockey Rai

Mainly because they fixed one major complaint i had with the New 3DS/New 3DS XL, You had to unscrew the battery cover to get to the microSD card. On the New 2DS XL. They moved it to beside the Game Card slot. (Which both slots have a cover now.)
    If it means not having to unscrew a battery cover to get to my SD Card. Then heck yeah.

That & I don’t really use the 3D function of the 3DS anyways.

19. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

I mean, I don't use the 3d either, but I have an older 3DS and I've never had any issues with it. I don't really understand why they came out with a new one, and that one doesn't have the SD card covered up. Plus it folds up to take up less space

20. Shockey Rai

Wrong 2DS model. This is the New 2DS XL.
    new_2ds_xl_orange_white_pic_1.jpg
    But i don't blame you getting it wrong. The 3DS line of systems are rather confusing name wise.