1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 24, 2012.

1. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

I absolutely love the music from Persona 5, especially the opening, and I've heard just about the same as for how good it is. I've thought about getting it on PS3, but I kinda want to try 3 first to get my feet wet since it's apart of the PS2 classics and therefore cheaper.

2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

I'm just jumping straight into 5 since, luckily, they're not related to each other, other than some Easter egg type stuff, kind of like Final Fantasy, I guess. But yeah, I heard the soundtrack first and ordered the vinyl. It's amazing.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

4. ShadowKnight508

You should look into the new version of Persona 5 that arrives next year. It will be Persona 5: The Royal (see below):

MillsLayne likes this.
  5. EarnhardtFan

There's also speculation going around that Persona 5 S which will be announced tomorrow, will be released for Switch

6. ShadowKnight508

7. ShadowKnight508

It ended up being a Persona 5-themed hack and slash game (from the makers of Dynasty Warriors):

[​IMG]

8. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Hopefully, this will be available as DLC, too, because I just bought the game last week. Loving it, btw, as hard as it is.

9. ShadowKnight508

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  10. EarnhardtFan

11. ShadowKnight508

Extended look at the MediEvil remaster is happening on Thursday (see below):

Hi all! Excited to share that State of Play will return for a new episode next Thursday, May 9 at 3:00pm Pacific Time. It’ll be a quick show (around 10 minutes), but we’ve got some PS4 updates we couldn’t wait to share with you.

PlayStation Worldwide Studios will be showing off an extended look at MediEvil, as well as a first look at a new title. And we’ll have other updates and announcements from upcoming PS4 games.

One note: Don’t expect any updates relating to our next-generation plans this time. Sorry!

You can watch live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook, as usual.

As always, we’re always reading your feedback and comments, so please keep them coming! There’s lots more in store for State of Play: episode 3 will return later in the year with more news and updates.

SOURCE: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/06/new-state-of-play-lands-may-9-at-300pm-pacific-time/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystical likes this.
  12. ShadowKnight508

From the Playstation State of Play presentation today (paging @Mystical for the MediEvil trailer):

13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

It doesn't look too bad, some of the level gameplay shown I don't remember. Either added stuff or it just looks really different from the original.

14. ShadowKnight508

Having played the game as much as I have over the years on the PSOne, PS2/PS3 (via the PSOne disk and the digital version of the game via PS Store), and on my gaming PC via emulator, I will say that it is due to the following:

• Fancier graphics (everything just looks so different from the PSOne version of the game I have played through and beaten over 75 times. It is much brighter than the original (which was darker/gloomy)
    • Camera angles (the camera shots being used in the gameplay sections of the trailer vary from close to farther away, at different heights)
    • The way the attacks are animated/happen (Dan's attacks are quite different with how he uses the Swords, usage of Club/Hammer/Longbow/Crossbow look mostly the same)
    From what I can see, the following levels are shown off in the trailer (in this order, some more than once):

• Scarecrow Fields
    • The Asylum Grounds (part of one of the Maze Riddles from Jack of the Green)
    • The Crystal Caves
    • The Ghost Ship
    • The Pumpkin Serpent (segment where you need to drain the pods to awaken the slumbering Pumpkin King)
    • The Sleeping Village (part where Zarok's squadron of Boiler Guards are searching the village for the Shadow Artefact)
    • Zarok's Lair (the Lord Kardok fight)
    • Inside the Asylum
    • The Haunted Ruins (battling Shadow Demons as you explore the ruins of Castle Peregrin)
    • The Time Device (bouncing on those odd brain-like trampolines while attacking Boiler Guard)
    • The Crystal Caves (battle with Cave Dragon boss)
    • The Pumpkin Serpent (using Longbow against exploding pumpkins)
    • The Ant Caves (introduction of Ant Queen boss)
    • The Asylum Grounds
    • The Hilltop Mausoleum (Stained Glass Demon battle)
    Other than the choppy framerate that was noticeable in the trailer at several parts, it looks good to me. That "Super Armor" they are putting in the Digital Deluxe edition of the game reminds me of MediEvil II
    (where you got the special Golden Armor after beating Jack the Ripper and merging with your past self)
    with the armor you get towards the end of the game (before Cathedral Spires).

Mystical likes this.
  15. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I hope after this Remaster if the game sells well enough they will give us a MediEvil 3. I felt he series never got to its true potential. The 1st game is definitely the best so glad it is getting a remaster at least.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  16. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

I honestly would like to see a new dirt track racing video game come out. I mainly am a pavement oval racer, But I would not mind learning dirt. I tried rFactor dirt, and have not gotten too far into it, and I heard good things about iRacing, but I don't have the cash, and they do not have AI yet. A dedicated dirt game with custom skins would probably lure me to the dirty side of the force.

17. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

AMD announced 3rd-generation Ryzen CPUs last night. Here's the list of products:
    • Ryzen 9 3900X: 12 cores/24 threads, 4.6 GHz boost ($499 MSRP)
    • Ryzen 7 3800X: 8 cores/16 threads, 4.5 GHz boost ($399 MSRP)
    • Ryzen 7 3700X: 8 cores/16 threads, 4.4 GHz boost ($329 MSRP)
    • Ryzen 5 3600X: 6 cores/12 threads, 4.4 GHz boost ($249 MSRP)
    • Ryzen 5 3600: 6 cores/12 threads, 4.2 GHz boost ($199 MSRP)
    Release date is July 7th.

18. ShadowKnight508

November 8th, 2019 is when you can venture down the rabbit hole into the next mind-bending gaming experience crafted by the legendary Hideo Kojima:

EDIT - Extra footage from the Japanese trailer that shows off some different stuff:

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    MillsLayne and 18fan4life like this.
  19. ShadowKnight508

20. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Oh, might have to download Sonic Mania if it's one of the PS Plus games. Also excited for Death Stranding. The world needs more Kojima mindf***s. Or, at least, I do.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.