1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Creating Spotter Pack, just a couple questions

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Mustang, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Mustang

Mustang #11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE

I plan on creating a spotter pack and since this is my first time creating audio, I'm just seeking a few answers from members who have dived into the audio of nr2003.

After downloading several spotter packs, a good pack really adds to the immersion, which leads me to my questions.

How do you find out all of the possible spotter audio files the game can use?

Whilst I know it's possible to have multiple audio files for winning or calls for inside/clear/outside, does this apply for all the audio files? For example would it be possible to have 3 audio files for "01car"

2. Hendrick4life

Hendrick4life 306 Wins | 16 Championships

So while I am no audio expert I will say this.

NR2003 only chooses one file to play. iRacing is the only way you can utilize (to my knowledge) multiple files for the same thing. Such as 15 "Going green this time" files. Whereas for NR2003 you have to change to the one you want to use everytime you start up the game.

I wish there was a program or a workaround but as far as I know there isn't. I still download the Chad Knaus packs and just select the ones I want to use before each race.

InsideLine likes this.
  3. Mustang

Mustang #11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE

I wish there was the option for multiple sound files of the same name so there's some variety in the spotters tone. Using the Knaus spotter packs as a guide has helped in knowing what some of the files should contain, as some file names are just a few letters whilst others are quite obvious. Any information is helpful so thank you :)

InsideLine likes this.
  4. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

The only way to make this work would be to create 3 different versions of the same spotter's voice and interchange the spotter sound folder with one another after each race or so. Like, for example, you make one where the the spotter says "Going green", another version the same spotter says "Go go go" etc. It'd be a lot of work but of course it's essentially the same amount of work as creating various versions of the same line/message in one folder. In this case the difference is that it's over 3 folders or so and that you'd have to not forget to change the folder main spotter sound folder once in a while to make it more "fresh".

InsideLine likes this.