1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

(CWTS) Rico Abreu Will Not Race For ThorSport In 2017

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

Credit to Motorsport.com (Lee Spencer):
    SOURCE: http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-tr...-full-time-nascar-competition-in-2017-864768/

Rico.jpg

2. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Aw man! That's really a shame, I like Rico a lot and he was running really sporty towards the end of the year. Hope he can find something, dude is one hell of a wheelman.

3. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai NASCAR Furry, Sometimes Tiger, Sometimes Lucario.

Aw...That sucks! I liked Rico Abreu a lot.

4. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Don't Lift

I can't say this surprises me. He didn't preform well at all all year last year.

starscream24, TJBartel and frow78 like this.
  5. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

What, you expected him to just break out and have a phenomenal first year? Rico showed flashes of consistency but just needed time to develop transitioning from dirt to pavement.

6. Smoke14TS

Smoke14TS Well-Known Member

Met Rico in June of last year. One of the most respectful, nicest, most genuine people I've ever met. While I'm sad to see the news, I cannot say i'm all that surprised. While I did not expect him to go out and have aWilliam Byron type season, I expected a little bit more from Rico. I also think the fire at ThorSport really changed things over there. They also expanded to four teams which was a massive undertaking for them or any team. But one ladt thing, Rico had a Crew Chief change and that chemistry is always hard to gst down in the midst of the season. Rhodes, is leaving, and now Rico and Hayley. I hope he comes back and runs somewhere however. He deserves to be here and has the talent.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Don't Lift

Certainly didn't expect him to have a Byron like performance, but man, he definitely did not live up to expectations, especially after his performance in the K&N Series.

frow78 likes this.
  8. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

Running against kids in the K&N series is much different than veterans on more than just short tracks and road courses... Rico would've been just fine had his sponsors be patient with his development into a totally different form of racing.

9. 718X-Rated

718X-Rated Well-Known Member

It depends on who was working on his car. If they brought over his K&N Series crew, I'm sure he would've done excellent.

Even better, his crew chief Paul Silva from his open-wheel team.

10. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Rico is very talented in the midget cars. Not so much on pavement. However you can't give him all the blame because Thorsport had an off year and they expanded to 4 teams.