1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Dear Logitech... YOU SUCK!

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by DERacing, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Well, looks like I am sending back my new G920 wheel and shifter now.

I had ordered a G29 a few weeks ago and sent it back a few days after I received it.

The settings on the Logitech Gaming Software and Windows 10 just SUCKS ASS!!!

LGS will map buttons, but even the windows joy.cpl control panel doesnt recognize buttons when testing. I am lucky to get 2 buttons on either wheel to work. I got the g920 to work in game maybe 2 times out of 10-12 races. Not just NR2003 either. ATS and AC would not work with the buttons either.

Logitech needs to get their heads out of their asses and code the LGS software to work correctly with Windows 10. Contact their support and they want to open an incident and will contact me when they get to it... This is a KNOWN ISSUE!

I had a Logi Momo Force Feedback wheel that worked fine but ran a older version of the LGS. But I want to do some mods to the wheel now including upgrading to an OMP and a new button panel etc on the new models of Logi wheels... But thats not gonna happen now.

HELLO THRUSTMASTER!!! I see a new T300 RS Ferrari, Shifter and upgraded pedals in my future now.

No more money going into Logi pockets from me.

Anyone looking for a wheel to run on Win10 with buttons, etc... Dont waste your time on the logi garbage.

RANT OFF!

2. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

I’ve had my G29 for two years now and have never had an issue with it. Are you sure you got the right driver installed. (It should be noted I use both windows 7 and 10)

RacerXero84 and DaleJrFan95 like this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Ditto, except I have the G920.
    Never a single issue (except the visual runtime error I get, but it doesn't effect functionality).
    Some games will not detect the buttons, in such cases you should re-check your mapping.

If you think swapping to Thrustmaster is the key, you might be surprised with how hit or miss they can be as well.

Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. Tetronix

Tetronix Well-Known Member

I think it's all hit-and-miss with these companies. I've heard some bad things about Fanatec from a few YouTube content creators I follow, and I've heard some negatives about Thrustmaster. The only company I've not heard anything negative about is Heusinkveld, but I'm not familiar with their models or pricing options.

I have an old, outdated G25 that's done me 3 years and counting, and I love it.

joeykraus19 and RacerXero84 like this.
  5. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Exactly. My old DFGT was on point until I decided I wanted (not needed) an upgrade.

Tetronix likes this.
  6. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

I think it is a matter of the drivers within the LGS and its drivers in the latest version of Windows 10 that is causing the issue.

I should not have to uninstall, reboot, reinstall 3 times before a race to get something to work.

My old Momo has been faithful for years. But the new Logi G series... If it doesnt work in Windows 10's joystick tests then its not going to work in the game.

I had a ton of faith in the G920 that I first bought only to be disappointed.

My Momo worked and I could even run a button box in NR2003 with it. But I want something that I can update, larger wheel, more adjustment, etc.

Donald Jacobs likes this.
  7. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I also have a G29 and the Logitech software keeps getting turned off losing the mapping for the wheel so no shifting. Wheel and pedals keep working. A reboot fixes it for a little while. I have uninstalled the wheel and jumped through all the hoops Logitech suggested with no change. I have a GeForce 1060. Could NVIDIA be causing the problem?
    Now I shift with the keyboard when the software shuts down. Does not work well for road courses

8. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I just spent a couple hours with Microsoft support concerning Logitech software being turned off. I was getting a couple of hours before it shut off and after last Windows update I was unable to finish a short race. Long story short rolled windows back to previous version. Then Open file explorer /right click on "This PC" /properties /Advance system settings /Hardware Tab/Device installation settings and check the "No " Option. Be sure to save. Working again but I have not updated Windows yet. Agent said Windows will fix in a future update..May not be Logitech's fault.
    w