Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Douglas Racing Design's 2000 Carset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Douglas

You Got Racing.
SRD Member
Reaction score
The special edition carset will feature 30+ non primary paint schemes of the NASCAR Winston Cup Series season of 2000.

Once we finish or the mod comes out, we will release a carset and do periodic updates.
Ratings based on performance of the scheme at the track will be included in the final .cup file.
All are 2048x format.

Criticize anything and be helpful, help us help you have a great experience!

Completed:
#24 Jeff Gordon DuPont Special (Lowe's [The Winston]) V1.0
#25 Jerry Nadeau Coast Guard (Martinsville) V1.1 *fixed Guard being spelled Gaurd*
#97 Kurt Busch John Deere Black (Phoenix) V1.0
#42 Kenny Irwin Bellsouth Blue (Daytona) V1.1 *rocker panel stripes readjusted*

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?od192py45h9jcd1

WIP:
#25 Jerry Nadeau Holigan (Watkins Glen) V0.1

We will post renders and progress photos

Last edited:

Jordan Clarke

SRD Member
Reaction score
They're not too far off. A few tweaks I would recommend: Making the Bellsouth logo bigger, and changing the Michael Holigan Font on the sides and front. Not sure how you managed to get it right on the back and not the other sides but it's okay lol. The font most likely belongs to the Helvetica family or Arial family. Googling the Coast Guard logo might help in that quest; I doubt you'll find a Michael Holigan logo but who knows.

de31168

SRD Member
Reaction score
Beautiful cars. The only thing I can tell is the lines shouldn't really have that much black between them, also in front if the rear tire there is no black area.. the stripes run against each other..

Thanks for doing these!

Last edited:

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's because the version Douglas did is Kenny's Busch Series scheme from 2000.

Phoenix

Wheeze
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Holigan font is the same on the sides and on the back. I made a mistake and did not notice the busch decals on the 42.

Aaron Douglas

You Got Racing.
SRD Member
Reaction score
They're not too far off. A few tweaks I would recommend: Making the Bellsouth logo bigger, and changing the Michael Holigan Font on the sides and front. Not sure how you managed to get it right on the back and not the other sides but it's okay lol. The font most likely belongs to the Helvetica family or Arial family. Googling the Coast Guard logo might help in that quest; I doubt you'll find a Michael Holigan logo but who knows.
Its just the angle of the render, same font. As for Coast Guard the logo does not use the font the designer used on the car, which really confused and frustrated me after two hours of searching.

Bleh, it was difficult but I love how it came out, thanks though

alfiej

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The 42 cars was not in the zip file? look forward to your updates

Aaron Douglas

You Got Racing.
SRD Member
Reaction score
42 cars needs some updating, we have been slammed with real life design work, until then there won't be an update for a week or two, keep checking back for one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.