Download Section...

Discussion in 'SRD Suggestion Box' started by cetras56, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cetras56

cetras56 Music Education Major

I think that it would be great if SRD had a section in the downloads page of non SRD paint crew/Staff files, sorta like NNRacing, but just a lot more organized and more accessible. There are a lot of great painters on here showing off their stuff in the Showroom, and I often wanna download it, and I'm sure that some people showing off their cars would wanna put their stuff up for download on here, but they don't have a way to other than sending a link, which sometimes doesn't work because the link may be suddenly unreliable. Just a thought. Thanks for reading! (y)

2. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 STUFFED FACE™

There are things called asking if they can upload it to mediafire and you download it from their link provided. This would make SRD more cluttered if we have all of SRD's member could put something up for download. Then, the crew would have no importance of being here. Also, some people do not have skills/or developed of being paint crew material and downgrade SRD's quality of work.

2 people like this.
  3. cetras56

AHHHH! Ok that makes MUCH more sense! Thanks!

4. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

5. cetras56

*facepalm* I never thought of that... Wow I feel stupid xD. Thanks!

6. MattyO

MattyO Retired

I'm going to bump this.

For a few weeks now I have been mulling over the idea of having SRD users who would like to have a section in the downloads section to upload their work.

Is there any interest in this idea of having users (approved by me) upload their work in the downloads section?

10 people like this.
  7. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

I think this is a good idea. That way we can find the work of each individual without having to find the thread with their link.

8. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

I like the idea, but IMO there should be some sort of standard set. NNR is so hard to sort through because some people upload absolutely everything they do whether its worthy or not. I dont mean to be offensive to anyone, my work is admittedly not spectacular either.

9. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 STUFFED FACE™

I do think of the idea, the problem is some random spambot might come in and post a nasty file. Maybe a post limit. Also, I almost wish the general audience can agree. I don't want this to come where half of the downloads are crappy and useless.

10. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I agree. But you know there will be some butthurt because Joe Blow can't get their car that was painted via in game paintshop uploaded.

11. evan07

evan07 Well-Known Member

I love this idea and I promise I won't upload any of my work. (y)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  12. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Kyle Busch shouldn't be allowed to race.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I love reading the negative comments on NNR for these types of uploads. They just make me laugh out loud, usually. Heck, we all started somewhere, so I can't really put anyone's work down (my work still has quite a ways to go), but the comments are sometimes hilarious.

13. MattyO

MattyO Retired

That's why I'm approving people before I give them a category to upload stuff.

I'm not sure how I want to evaluate the users that want to upload their work yet. Maybe some of you that know me well and what the standards of the SRD crew were could give me some idea's/input.

Not saying the quality has to be the same or close to the former SRD crew standards, but I'm not having something uploaded here that looks like hammered dog shit either.

So I get what you guys are saying :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Rogue

Rogue 3d designer at themodsquad Banned

Sounds like a good idea to me Matt (y)

15. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good idea to me. It'll be nice for some newer, improving painters to have a place to display their work on a big-name website (aside from NNRacing, where there are too many uploads to actually find something legit).

16. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

This definitely gets my vote!

17. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

I love the idea Matt. And as far as who to put in, well I guess it comes to your own preference, Matt. I say make it so whoever wants to upload cars contacts or, or maybe someone on the mod team (considering you trust their opinions almost as your own) and make it so that the person has to send them some cars. The moderator, or you, can then decide whether or not the quality of work would go well with the site, and then you tell them yes or no. If people get their feelings hurt, they get their feelings hurt. There really isn't much to about there.

Just my two cents. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't mind a section where users can upload their game enhancements, like Mystical's UIE updates, or something along those lines. I guess that is more up to the SRD administration though. For now, I have no problem with just cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
  18. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Matt didn't say just cars, its all inclusive.

1 person likes this.
  19. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

Alright, even better!

20. mgcastro

mgcastro Former SRD Staff

If I could add something to this, maybe the person that want's to upload, say a real paint scheme, should submit the flat and car renders with the reference images he/she used to paint the car. That could help the quality assurance person have an easier task. You could set up a QA forum were people submit their work and QA people can green lit or not each entry.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.