Eldora Format Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by nj9703, Aug 8, 2016.

1. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

Well, I know it is incredibly early, but better early than late, right? First off, would you guys like to run the CWS13 mod at Eldora? I just kinda drummed up the idea based off of how some real teams do it to save money.

Second off, and this is based on having 24 trucks like last season, I was thinking the starting lineup is set like this...

Qualifying
    1st- 1st heat pole
    2nd- 2nd heat pole
    3rd- 3rd heat pole
    4th- 4th heat pole
    5th- 1st heat outside pole
    6th- 2nd heat outside pole
    And so on.

24 trucks divided into 4, 6 truck heats.

Top 2 advance to the main in their respective positions, and the rest go to a "LCQ". Of course it won't be an LCQ unless we get more than 30 people next season. It'll just be a race that sets the rest of the positions. Each heat will be 20 laps. LCQ will be 10.

Race Format
    Segment 1- 40 laps
    Segment 2- 30 laps
    Segment 3- 20 laps

So how do you guys think it should go? We've still got a ways to go so you don't have to say immediately, but I'd like to hear your opinions by around the time next season starts up.

NJ

2. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

I say stick with the CWS15 mod, as that would realistically save the SRD Truck teams money if these races took place in real life instead, considering we didn't have the opportunity to see the Trucks run when we had the CWS13 mod.

nj9703 likes this.
  3. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

I wanted to kinda kick start this thread for 2017.

Wanted to propose something. For real life, cup drivers have done this race as a one-off.

Would love to run Eldora this season with a truck. Maybe have part-timers as their own heat with a small number advancing, or whatever.

Lot of people like Eldora, so that's my reason for asking.

Anyone support this?

4. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

I like this idea, but unfortunately Eldora only supports 30 trucks. This means that some series regulars will already miss the race. Unless the part time drivers who run in higher series decide not to run it, this won't be possible.

5. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

So we wouldn't do heat formats?

6. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

Yes, we are doing heats, but the drivers running the full season deserve the best opportunity to make the race. If anyone can come up with a format to allow for a Cup/National One Off Heat Race, I'd be all ears.