5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

F1 2020

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Standard edition of the game releases tomorrow (7/10), though those who bought the deluxe Schumacher edition received access on Tuesday. Biggest new feature this year is in single player career mode, which allows you to field, manage, and strategize your own 11th team on the grid. F2 is also present, with different player options for career mode integration. Multiplayer split-screen also makes a return, along with an improved handling model based on F1 driver feedback.

I pre-ordered for PC - feel free to add me on Steam if you feel brave enough to try the punt-fest that is online MP.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have F1 2013, which is a very difficult game (at least on the xbox 360, with a controller). But last year I tried it again with F1 2019 and was very impressed. I am excited for this release.

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have F1 2013, which is a very difficult game (at least on the xbox 360, with a controller). But last year I tried it again with F1 2019 and was very impressed. I am excited for this release.
Got me beat - the last one I played was 2010 lol. I remember that being particularly unforgiving as well.

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score
Enjoying the amount of gameplay customization, but damn - the AI is mopping the floor with me at 75% difficulty lol. Really comes down to how fast you can get the power down out of the corners.

The MyTeam mode is significantly deeper on management than I was anticipating; you'll likely spend more time planning and scheduling upgrades than actually on-track.

Visual customization is pretty bare-bones with only a couple options to initially choose from and no real sponsors. Livery, helmet, suit, and glove options are unlocked by leveling up your driver through on-track achievements.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The only thing that really bothers me about MyTeam is the progression in car performance. I spent all of 2020 riding around 16th or so, with a couple points finishes on strategy, being pretty level with Haas in terms of car performance. Go through the offseason, get to 2021, and we're on par with Red Bull, running fastest laps, and competing for podiums right away. Not even 6 races into the season. It took the fun out of it a bit, I was looking forward to running 3-4 years before even sniffing a podium, let alone race win. I race with the difficulty at 95%, maybe I'll just have to start over and bump it up enough to make it take that long or something.

So far the driver transfers are much improved over 2019. In my career mode, Lewis went to Alfa Romeo...Gio to Mercedes...Ricciardo to Williams...Vettel to Renault...Kimi to Red Bull...just to name a few, and that was just after one offseason. In 2020, the only changes I had was Grosjean retiring, Latifi to Haas, and Nyck De Vries to Williams. Hopefully things stay halfway realistic and that wasn't just a one time deal.