1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Favorite Drivers

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by WALZ, Jul 25, 2006.

1. DeetahTheGame

DeetahTheGame Well-Known Member Banned

I assume you are talking about when Elliott did not want to talk to the media? When he made the sarcastic remark about "We're here for 1 thing, to go out and race, not to do any of this crap" (Paraphrasing of course)?

neiana likes this.
  2. neiana

neiana Well-Known Member Banned

Indeed. It's one of my earliest memories of NASCAR and it took a long time for me to root for him. I think it took until the new Dodge days with Kasey Kahne, as a matter of fact. Now, if I were a race driver with an opportunity to win the championship and I was excited for the race--having a good car or whatever--then I would probably have the same feelings as he did. Also that was a long time ago and these days it is not only part of the job it is one the drivers are meant to embrace.

However, I think it was more the tone, rather than the words. I can easily imagine hating Kesolowski for the same thing but if Harvick said it I would probably just agree with him and flip channels or wait until an adequate flashback started showing. I guess Elliott of those days is similar to Kimi Raikkonen... especially "leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" over the radio.

Anywho... some more favorites so as not to derail :)

Sebastian Loeb
    Milo Rivera (not that I've seen the guy drive but I'm here in the Philippines for the time being and I like the MILO brand drink eh!)
    Shawna Robinson
    Adrian Fernandez

of course, Cole Trickle, Ricky Bobby and Rajveer Singha will always be near the top of my list!

Another one... I don't know her name but there was a woman who raced in or around Stockton/Modesto, California maybe 20ish years ago. She drove a pink car and was in 2nd? 3rd? 4th? in one of the touring championships and the last race was at my home track there at Stockton/Modesto and she was much quicker and much faster than the others and would have won the championship except for two of the men decided to drive side by side and just block her the whole race. She drove very clean and tried every which way to make that pass and I was so angry I wanted to go to the pit area and punch the guys keeping the best driver from winning. My dad wouldn't let me! So she's one of my favorite drivers but I just don't know her name...

3. teoprocar

teoprocar Member

The Entire Petty Family
    Dave Blaney
    John Andretti
    Bobby Hamilton
    Darrell Waltrip
    Mark Kinser
    Jac Haudenschild
    Brett Hearn
    Scott Bloomquest

Locally:
    Dave Reges
    Ed Lynch Jr.
    Brian Swarzlander
    Dave Murdick
    Alex and Ed Ferree
    Just to name a few

4. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

Of the current field of Cup drivers:

Brad Keselowski
    Kurt Busch

5. SUPEREEVEEMASTER

SUPEREEVEEMASTER Well-Known Member

At the moment my favorite drivers
    Jimmie Johnson
    Denny Hamlin

Drivers I support or want to see them do great every race
    Dale Earnhardt Jr
    Jamie McMurray
    Sam Hornish Jr
    Danica Patrick
    Casey Mears
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr
    Landon Cassill
    Justin Allgaier
    Michael Waltrip
    Brendan Gaughan
    Chase Elliott
    Erik Jones
    Paul Menard
    Brian Scott

6. DeetahTheGame

DeetahTheGame Well-Known Member Banned

so... pretty much ^^?

7. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Willy B Baby

NSCS
    Dale Earnhardt, Jr
    Kurt Busch
    Brad Keselowski
    Kyle Busch

NXS
    Darrell Wallace, Jr
    Chase Elliott

NCWTS
    Tyler Reddick

F1
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Sebastian Vettel
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Jenson Button

Indycar
    Juan Pablo Montoya
    Helio Castroneves
    James Hinchcliffe

8. watsonz

watsonz Member

Top 5:
    Kevin Harvick
    Tony Stewart
    Matt Kenseth
    Kyle Larson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr

Drivers I don't care for / or are boring to see win:
    Jimmie Johnson
    Kasey Kahne
    Paul Menard
    Carl Edwards
    Denny Hamlin
    Jamie McMurray
    Kyle Busch
    Greg Biffle
    Ryan Newman
    Joey Logano

9. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

I've noticed over the past month or so that I seem to root for Dale Jr. whenever Jeff Gordon is out of contention, no matter what. So:

Jeff Gordon
    Jamie McMurray
    Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

10. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Cup
    Jeff Gordon
    Trevor Bayne

Xfinity
    Regan Smith

I wouldn't call myself I fan, but I do find myself pulling for Simon Pagenaud whenever I watch IndyCar races.

11. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

Kyle Busch and Erik Jones. They are two narcotic guys angry at the world (well, Erik doesn't show it to the camera). I see myself when I look at them. They are more successful then me, but hopefully that won't be true in 5-8 years.

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Been a Jeff Gordon fan since I was a young pup back in 96 when I first set eyes on the car. Found it hard to root for anyone else tbh. At times I was a Jimmie Johnson fan, but I'm extremely hot and cold with him. I tried to side with Kasey Kahne but that's been an utter disappointment. I think when Jeff leaves at years end, I'll go with Chase Elliot and I did call Kyle Larson out too as my new up and comers. I also remember an interview with Kevin Swindell I believe, and he seemed switched on, I liked him.

13. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Moderator Moderator

Sarah Cornett-Ching (ARCA, K&N East) - Love the way she treats her fans and her background is pretty cool. Met her at Winchester and that pretty much cemented her status as my new #1 driver.

David Reutimann (Dirt) - Always will be a big fan of his but with him out of racing full-time I guess it was time to move on.

Josh Reeves (ARCA) - Known him for a while and met him in person at Winchester, his motivational posts will kick your ass into shape lol.

Alex Bowman (Cup) - His personality is awesome and he's easy to cheer for. Want him to succeed.

Trevor Bayne (Cup) - Zack Webster's fanboying of Trevor kinda wore off on me, lol.

Jeff Gordon (Cup) - I use to hate the guy but I've grown to like him over the years. Being att the Brickyard 400 last year and being apart of the fan craze when he took the lead will always be a great memory.

James Hinchcliffe (Indycar) - It's Hinch, how can you NOT like him?

Regan Smith (Xfinity) - Once again I blame Webster.

Kenny Wallace (Xfinity, Dirt) - Childhood #1 favorite driver, I still remember screaming at the TV for him to put Dale in the wall off turn 4 at Dega...he needed a win badly lol.

Kimi Raikkonen (F1) - I can't stand F1 itself, but I've liked Kimi since I met him at Indy in 2003. I hope he comes to NASCAR for a season or two after he's done in F1.

sadlerfan21 likes this.
  14. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

Kyle Busch
    Kyle Larson
    Erik Jones
    Bubba Wallace
    Austin Dillon
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
    Ty Dillon
    Trevor Bayne
    Any anybody in a JGR/KBM car/truck

15. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Paint Crew Paint Crew

I don't ever recall posting here, but over the past couple years, I have really been becoming a Dale Jr fan. No, not a bandwagon fan, but an actual fan. He just seems like a really cool, down to earth guy. If I were to be a professional racer, I would want to be like him.

16. Johnnyk1990

Johnnyk1990 Well-Known Member

I thin i posted her a couple years back, so here are my favorites as of 2015
    Dale Jr
    Chase Elliott
    Erik Jones
    Kevin Harvick
    Tony Stewart
    Darrell Wallace Jr

17. MrKyleCollins

MrKyleCollins Music Fanatic

My favourite drivers...
    1. Kyle Busch (18)
    2. Casey Mears (13)
    3. Denny Hamlin (11)
    4. Landon Cassil (40)
    5. Matt Kenseth (20)
    6. Brendan Gaughan (62, XFinity)
    7. Matt DiBenedetto (83)
    8. Brett Moffitt (34)
    9. Reed Sorenson (62)
    10. Daniel Suarez (18, XFinity)

18. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

I guess I'll update mine again.

Cup
    1. Kasey Kahne
    2. Tony Stewart
    3. Jamie McMurray
    4. Greg Biffle
    5. Kurt Busch
    Xfinity
    1. Ryan Reed
    2. Daniel Suarez
    3. Ryan Blaney
    4. Regan Smith
    5. David Starr
    Trucks
    1. John Hunter Nemechek
    2. Ben Kennedy
    3. Erik Jones
    4. Spencer Gallagher
    5. Daniel Hemric
    Indycar
    1. Sébastien Bourdais
    2. Ryan Briscoe
    3. Hélio Castroneves
    4. James Hinchcliffe
    5. Ryan Hunter-Reay

19. Jericohol89

Jericohol89 Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

Cup:
    1.) Kurt Busch (And to think I HATED this guy for years...)
    2.) Martin Truex Jr. (O.k, so maybe I am a bandwagoner.)
    3.) Jimmie Johnson (At least, since after 2013. At this point I just want to see him break records. It's like rooting for Barry Bonds without all those icky steroids!)
    4.) Aric Almirola (I don't know. I just like to see such a historic number run well.)
    Xfinity:
    1.) Brennan Poole (I'd nominate every Harry Scott driver but I like Brennan especially for his talent
    (and his hair).
    2.) The Tri-Star entries, especially David Starr (classic low-quality team that runs consistently)
    3.) Morgan Shepherd (Always loved the guy. He's 73, he rollerskates, he fights crime!)
    4.) Bubba Wallace (Do I have to pick a frontrunner? O.k. He seems like a cool dude.)
    Trucks:
    1.) John Wes Townley (I really don't pick favorites for the trucks, but chicken truck!)
    2.) John Hunter Nemechek (Because I liked ol' Front Row.)
    3.) Jennifer Jo Cobb (I give up.)
    K&N:
    1.) Rico Abreu (One word. WHEELMAN.)
    2.) Brandon McReynolds (He's got a bright future, and I can't argue against Larry.)
    ARCA:
    1.) Ken Schrader (Do I need to explain? Dude's a bada$$ even at his age.)
    2.) Sarah Cornett-Ching (*insert MORE TALENTED THAN DANICA LOL*
    INDYCAR:
    1.) Ryan Hunter-Reay (I had the pleasure of meeting him personally a few years ago. Really nice guy.)
    2.) Takuma Sato/Jack Hawksworth (Woooooo Foyt)
    F1: Don't really care, sorry.
    "ALL-TIME" FAVORITES (Guys who have retired or are racing in very small amounts):
    1.) Bobby Labonte (My first favorite driver.)
    2.) Alan Kulwicki (My favorite deceased driver. A champion in every sense of the word.
    3.) Terry Labonte (By default for liking Bobby.)
    4.) Buckshot Jones (Probably the "worst" driver on this list, but I have albeit small family ties to him.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  20. Julio Chang

Julio Chang On the list of Jericho

He's been on the really like list for a while now, but Logano has been officially promoted to the favorites list. This is a sacred honor that I'm sure he deeply appreciates.