1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Ford Killing Off their US Sedans

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Chevellion, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

2. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

3. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Don't think Fords new President will last long. That is the stupidest thing to do. Gas is already nearing $3 a gallon here so I wouldn't be surprised to see car sales on the rise again this summer.

4. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

I...I just don't understand this move at all.

5. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

JMO. Ford truck and SUV sales are strong right now. Lincoln sales in the crapper. By Ford discontinuing most of its car line it will force car buyers loyal to Ford to consider buying...a Lincoln!! They look as it as a win-win. Ford sells trucks, Lincoln sales get a shot in the arm. I believe it is a massively miscalculated gamble that will wipe out the turn around Ford has had

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Some fun data to look at for this year (YTD)

Also, I can't fathom how Mazda sales aren't up more: lowest cost to own over life of vehicle, etc etc. The 6's and 3's at least run amazingly well, especially compared to Toyota/Ford/Chevy (granted they are up over 35% since last year this time, so there is that)

Also, what I think we are seeing is Ford cutting the fat: tech is allowing a lot of their larger series vehicles to get impressive mileage. Plus we are seeing a trend towards people buying SUV's and Pickups more now than lately. As for $3 at the pump... I'll still take that as opposed to $5+ I was paying a few years ago. Heck, it was $5 for 87, now I can grab 91 for about $3 and mid change. I'm good with that!

7. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

8. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Also interesting that they just trademarked the Maverick(along with Timberline) though based on what I've read they don't plan to use it on a car at all but either a crossover or SUV instead.

9. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Probably use those names as trim levels on the F150 or new Ranger

10. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

Guess I should have waited a year to buy my Focus.

11. Wheatenland

Wheatenland FSE Tracks

I'm not so sure about a "Win-Win". Lincoln is a high end model for Ford like the Cadillac is for GM. that shuts down the entry level and mid level cars for Ford all together.

Cutch22 likes this.