1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

FPS Going Down Over Time

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon Well-Known Member

Anyone in a helping mood?

So recently my NR2003 has been acting weird. When I watch races I simulate, they stay at about 80 fps for about 3 minutes, but over time it goes from 60 to 50 to 40 to 30 to 20. In about 10 minutes it becomes so unstable. I'm not sure what the problem is, it just started happening out of the blue.

2. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

I would guess you have an overheating issue.

3. BooyakaDragon

I doubt it, the laptop has a fan blowing on it constantly and a cooler underneath it.

4. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

Now i'm really certain its a heat issue.

2 people like this.
  5. ongias25

ongias25 Well-Known Member

Yea,even with fans if your graphics card is getting hot the only way to fix it is replace it.

6. BooyakaDragon

I don't know, laptop feels barely warm to me with the game up. Perhaps I need to lower some settings or have my virus scanner do a check on it for issues.

7. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

Trying to game on a laptop will guarantee overheating lol

8. Zach3AD

Zach3AD Well-Known Member

I game on a laptop with Windows 8 and have no problem at all with NR2003. Except, i can't run the WCR tracks cause it crashes my game. As for you James, I have no idea what could be causing that.
    P.S. This is Zach Rogers.

9. EatSpit24

EatSpit24 Well-Known Member

This issue for some reason happens to me when I have my wheel unplugged and I try to watch races. Sounds silly but if I keep it plugged in its fine.

10. Goblin

Goblin Well-Known Member

I don't mean to post a useless comment, but I thought this thread was called "FSE Going Down Over Time" and I panicked for a minute.

I'm not really a laptop expert but my friend has a laptop that overheats easily (literally just opening the browser will make the fan go crazy), and he runs high-graphics games without a problem.

11. Cody Ficker

Cody Ficker @ApocApollo Banned

I'm not convinced that this is an issue caused by the notebook. Plenty of contemporary notebooks can be used for gaming without many issues at all. The whole idea of a notebook being a trap full of problems is more of a fallacy than anything else.

Does your laptop have this issue with any other game? If so, I would research your specific integrated graphics on Google to see if this is a known issue with your computer.

12. BooyakaDragon

I can tell.
    You know, my wheel is unplugged.....I may have to try that actually.
    Sorry haha
    I will. The thing is that my task manager isn't saying it's overheating or anything. So I dunno.

13. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

It won't.

14. BooyakaDragon

Well it does. It has tabs that tell it's temperature, and it usually tells me when it does overheat but that rarely happens.

EDIT: Wow, Spit's theory worked LOL

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  15. EatSpit24

EatSpit24 Well-Known Member

I have no clue why but it has nothing to do with over heating, it just dies without a wheel plugged in.

16. twcom

twcom Well-Known Member

lap top power settings

I would like to know your graphics card. But meantime it seems more like power management. An example is, I use to set up and watch the ai race and in time my system would turn off the display as if the lap top was idle and not in use. This is power management. So in your case as well as (eatspit24) the game itself is not taxing the system so the power management keeps lowering its power supply from performance to balanced to powersaver. Run anything relating to the game at maximum power settings, gpu and cpu 100 percent. This game when configured well runs extremely well on laptops.

twcom
    nr2003 4 life

17. BooyakaDragon

Don't worry it'll be patched :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.