5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Game crashes on second launch

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed recently that whenever I launch NR2003 after using it beforehand, the frames stutter and the game slows down to a crawl before crashing. On the track, the frames start out alright, but slowly dip from 140 to a crawl even without me doing anything. There's a lot of stuttering in the menu which quickly becomes unbearable and either forces me to kill the game through Task Manager or a hard shutdown of my PC. A restart afterwards fixes it. I don't have any issues with other games besides the computer getting a little warm. Anyone know what's up?

I don't use the 4GB patch or any version of Reshade. My specs are below.

OS - Windows 10 Pro version 1809
Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
CPU - Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7 GHz
GPU - MSI Radeon RX580 8 GB Armor OC
RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
PSU - Corsair HX850i

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
What has changed on your system recently that could cause this? May just have to do a clean reinstall.

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
So I did some testing and messing around - these issues aren't linked to me launching other games or launching NR2003 twice like I thought. This only happens if I use my computer too long and try to launch the game.

My main install is the only one with this issue - a vanilla copy of the game and two other installs don't do this AFAIK.

The issue might be with a Monster Energy menu update I installed - I've removed that and I'm gonna see if that solved it.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
I, and some others have noticed that sometimes NR2003 runs like crap after messing around with Sandbox for awhile.

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
So my game's still doing this even without the menu update. It seems like this happens after I launch a game using DX11. It'll happen on any of my installs after I play a game for too long or if I push my GPU too hard. This makes zero sense and it's really starting to piss me off.

Same thing happens with OpenGL too, so it seems like it's an issue with my GPU in general.

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
Well... I plugged in a controller and it fixed itself. This game's finicky as hell sometimes, isn't it? :p

CaptD

Lurker
Reaction score
Not exactly the same issue, but my N2003 in WIN 10 ran fine, then suddenly not. I can select any car, track combo, but once I hit practice/race/etc it crashes to desktop--HELP PLEASE. added this here as I could not see a search area.