5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
8 - Cat Fleet Monitoring Camaro - MART1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

General oval track discussion

If all modern "cookie cutters" except one disappear from the calendar, which oval would you keep?

• Total voters

German500

Reaction score
Hello, as one of the co-authors of the oval racetrack article in Wikipedia, I would like to open a general discussion on the subject in this forum.

It was announced by NASCAR that they could make some major changes to the racing calendar from 2021 onwards. Assuming the unlikely and fictitious case would occur, all cookie cutter races would be replaced by shorttracks. Which of the racetracks would you like to keep and why?

BTW: As traditional racetracks, I do not put Charlotte and Michigan for election.

German500

Reaction score
I would keep the Kansas Speedway because of some good races in past.

Texas Motor Speedway can be replaced by COTA, Chicagoland by Iowa Speedway or Gateway, Kentucky by Memphis or Nashville, Atlanta Speedway by Road Atlanta and AutoClub by Irwindale or Mesa Marin. There would not be a substitute for Las Vegas.

Last edited:

MrDude68

Reaction score
Atlanta.

I voted California, but that's not a cookie cutter. So Atlanta is my real answer I guess.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
Reaction score
I love how no one picked Texas.
If they fix back the track and put banking back in it'll be fine. I am not sure what bright individual thought making it flat and wide was a good idea but they need to be taken in a dark room and beaten.

German500

Reaction score
No, they didn't. The only other track is Kern County Raceway Park and it was built all the way across Bakersfield. The only thing built around the old track were subdivisions and a school.
Okay, thats the track I remember.

German500

Reaction score
Interesting to see that the most unpopular track is the Kentucky Raceway. Built in 2000, they have 11 years to fight for a cup date. For Jeff Gordon fans, like me, this track is certainly a thorn in the side. The only one where he never won. Had the inclusion in the calendar already come to his peak of career, he would probably have made a victory. But in 2011 his zenith had already passed.

puckhogg11

Reaction score
No, they didn't. The only other track is Kern County Raceway Park and it was built all the way across Bakersfield. The only thing built around the old track were subdivisions and a school.
And softball fields.