Downloads
Updated

Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Race Weekend Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
I see no reason it wouldn't be reduced other than it was in the heat of the Chase. Basing it off not only Gordon v. Bowyer but Keselowski v. Edwards as well, the absolute MAX I see is the upholding of the probation, and suspension possibly reduced to points/fine. Absolute worse case scenario (i.e. NASCAR really over-hyping the Chase thing) is a one race suspension. Factor in the plethora of other less "severe" incidents that went on without a penalty in the recent history, and I still say Kenseth has a very strong case, and NASCAR could very easily wind up with egg on it's collective face once again.

It'll be entertaining to see (should the penalty be reduced) how the NASCAR PR moguls spin that.
Maybe they say hey we have to stop this kinda stuff and upholding this decision will make sure the boys play nice from now on?

WILDISH

Days Gone By
Reaction score
Who the hell cares about Todd...it's a race discussion, there's zero point in bringing him up at all...
I'm assuming this Todd guy is involved in community drama. If not, pardon my ignorance. But that is the last thing I want to see in a race discussion thread lol.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
I'm assuming this Todd guy is involved in community drama. If not, pardon my ignorance. But that is the last thing I want to see in a race discussion thread lol.
Yea I should aplogize for interjecting his name but that guy just rubs me wrong.

DanAsher26

Reaction score
I'm well aware of who he is, but this is a race discussion and his inclusion in the discussion is ridiculous.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Rubbin's Racin - granted that line was made famous by a movie, but it summed up NASCAR, it is what makes it so different from F1 (which even the owners admit is now a shit product) and other racing series (minus maybe the continental racing series, you will see guys beat and bang occasionally there).

It's part of the uniqueness of the sport, granted there must be lines, but doing so in the manner NASCAR execs are doing it is fundamentally wrong. Nothing good ever comes out of any governing body exacting too much control and say on how things play out, whether it be sport or reality.

RP Motorsports

Reaction score
I see no reason it wouldn't be reduced other than it was in the heat of the Chase. Basing it off not only Gordon v. Bowyer but Keselowski v. Edwards as well, the absolute MAX I see is the upholding of the probation, and suspension possibly reduced to points/fine. Absolute worse case scenario (i.e. NASCAR really over-hyping the Chase thing) is a one race suspension. Factor in the plethora of other less "severe" incidents that went on without a penalty in the recent history, and I still say Kenseth has a very strong case, and NASCAR could very easily wind up with egg on it's collective face once again.
That's the whole point that so many people in threads/social media like this seem to miss, while they're constantly complaining about NASCAR being "consistently inconsistent". Every single incident is different, with different circumstances/scenarios/outcomes/etc... Which is why every situation must be considered independently of any other situation. On-track incidents are NOT black and white, as much as everyone wants them to be, so they can continue complaining about the sanctioning body. That's just not reality. The sooner folks can come to terms with that, the sooner they might just start enjoying this sport a lot more, due to not looking for something to gripe about at every turn.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Now we get to see how good NASCAR execs are at pleading a case. Quite a bit on the line here with all the publicity; if they lose, it's gonna look bad on Brian France and Co.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
Now we get to see how good NASCAR execs are at pleading a case. Quite a bit on the line here with all the publicity; if they lose, it's gonna look bad on Brian France and Co.
Yup. Orrrrr France coulda been playing the we will make a call and get it overturned. Naaaaaaa he's not that smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.