5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Race Weekend Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4yoda

Reaction score
So someone with no issues in the past get 2 race suspension this time. Gordon did it and pays a fine. Harvick at talladega was way worse and he'll he was given a chase spot to continue.

From what I gather you can be on the lead lap and wreck everyone for position. Once your a lap down you have to park it. Next year will be fun.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Oh trust, this ain't over. I'm saying in now, Logano (especially after running his mouth about the penalty to boot) has a nice sized bullseye on his ass.

Hell, it's a circus now, so what's to say that Kenseth doesn't blast Logano at Homestead and announces retirement right after? What's NASCAR gonna do? Nothin.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
Oh trust, this ain't over. I'm saying in now, Logano (especially after running his mouth about the penalty to boot) has a nice sized bullseye on his ass.

Hell, it's a circus now, so what's to say that Kenseth doesn't blast Logano at Homestead and announces retirement right after? What's NASCAR gonna do? Nothin.

LOL really? Kenseth retires after wrecking him at Homestead? You're reaching now.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Hey... it's a circus. Nobody saw Goldberg retiring from the WWE when he did. Same premise. It's all a big circle jerk this year anyway, so why not?

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
So someone with no issues in the past get 2 race suspension this time. Gordon did it and pays a fine. Harvick at talladega was way worse and he'll he was given a chase spot to continue.

From what I gather you can be on the lead lap and wreck everyone for position. Once your a lap down you have to park it. Next year will be fun.

What I'm gathering from all this is ........... Look boys bump each other even spin each other out hell get out of your cars and fight but dont try and drive another car through the freakin wall with your car ok.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
If y'all ain't seen the radioactive segment, take a gander. I don't normally think much of Denny, but he made a helluva point: What has this sport (overall) really come to?
Yea but hes still a bitch of a bitch.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Can't say that without including Joey... since he's all Mr "Hide behind my crew when Smoke come's a callin'" lol

Oh no... it's Smoke! Quick, throw shit and make slapping movements!

AMLNet49

Reaction score
The appeals board is not affiliated with NASCAR, correct? So I'm not sure how much more time people can spend whining about this.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
The appeals board is not affiliated with NASCAR, correct? So I'm not sure how much more time people can spend whining about this.
Yes and no, still, I find it ironic that a promoter of Bowman Grey helped uphold the penalty... seems something of an oxymoron there.

I just don't really think NASCAR can continue with the concept of "boy's have at it... but only when WE think it's ok" concept without clarification or some type of solidification. Grey areas in ANY rule (written or not) never end well, sounds good to say it, leaves way too much to interpretation. Leave a lot to speculation, it will add to the overall frustration of both drivers and the dwindling fan base. NASCAR isn't going anywhere as a sport, but I don't think it can continue down this path for years to come if ratings and the constant financial problems continue, which is exacerbated (I believe) by same said frustrations of the fan base that is essentially the reason the sport exists.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
Yes and no, still, I find it ironic that a promoter of Bowman Grey helped uphold the penalty... seems something of an oxymoron there.

I just don't really think NASCAR can continue with the concept of "boy's have at it... but only when WE think it's ok" concept without clarification or some type of solidification. Grey areas in ANY rule (written or not) never end well, sounds good to say it, leaves way too much to interpretation. Leave a lot to speculation, it will add to the overall frustration of both drivers and the dwindling fan base. NASCAR isn't going anywhere as a sport, but I don't think it can continue down this path for years to come if ratings and the constant financial problems continue, which is exacerbated (I believe) by same said frustrations of the fan base that is essentially the reason the sport exists.
Oh come on now. Really? Do you or anyone else in this thread think for 1 second that Kenseth would have gotten anything done to him at all if he would have simply just spun Joey out and not tried to drive through him?

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
Oh come on now. Really? Do you or anyone else in this thread think for 1 second that Kenseth would have gotten anything done to him at all if he would have simply just spun Joey out and not tried to drive though him?

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
I do. NASCAR cited as reason for the harsh penalty is because he effected the outcome of the Chase. THAT was their primary reasoning. He's a non-chaser tangling with a Chaser. Nothing per se about trying to make the 22 a new wallpaper addition.

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
Reaction score
I do. NASCAR cited as reason for the harsh penalty is because he effected the outcome of the Chase. THAT was their primary reasoning. He's a non-chaser tangling with a Chaser. Nothing per se about trying to make the 22 a new wallpaper addition.
Yep thats what they said but I seriously doubt he would be sitting out 2 races. Maybe the park him but thats about it.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Who knows? All I know is that they all were VERY adamant about anything that messes with their precious chase. Which I get, but it's sorta asinine. You can't put a few 'special' drivers on track with others and expect that something like this (maybe not in the same severity) won't happen. If you wan't to put the chasers in a bubble of protection, make em run their own feature or stop bitching when someone without yellow accents decides a chaser did them dirty and puts the spurs to em.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
It's like having the final four playing, but throwing all the other teams out there to play at the same time... shit's gonna happen, what else would you expect?

The Chase is a decent idea on paper, not so much in execution with the expectations they hold with it.

AMLNet49

Reaction score
But notice what we aren't talking about? The racing. NASCAR will do anything and everything to distract from the competitive imbalance that they are too lazy to fix. Changing rules and doling out suspensions is the easier path for them, but it will kill them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.