1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Ajwehr, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Joe will probably have one on!

RacerXero84 likes this.
  2. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

So...people here are thinking that Kenseth, or one of the Gibbs guys is gonna keep taking out Logano...that makes a lot of sense. Come on guys, let's get the whole team to push Nascar's buttons, and see who gets the heaviest penalty!

Yeah, right. Besides, what happened at Martinsville was more than enough justification for all of Logano's actions. Going after him again and again would just be stupid, and childish...again. Just like last weekend.

3. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I just hope all of this is enough to motivate Kyle and the #18 so much that they are unbeatable at Homestead!

TJBartel and games123 like this.
  4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I'm not saying they will go after him, just race him harder than normal unless he pushes an issue too far, then Hamlin might take exception to that. I'm not at all saying the team is going to gang up, it's Gibbs we're talking about, not Penske ;)

5. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Racing him hard would be fine, as it would be for the Championship. But I hope no one does anything stupid there.

Eh, I'm not sure either team would "gang up" on another competitor, only like you said, race them hard.

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I will instantly become a JGR fan if that occurs.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  7. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I think Denny is just got his panties in a wad since he is out of the Chase. Seriously....take a step back, look at the drivers who are bitching about whatever this past 2 weeks. Mostly non-chasers. Why don't we hear Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch moaning as much as Hamlin is? Maybe because Hamlin hates Logano already and he's done for. Just the way I see things now.

And those getting ready for a shit show starring Logano at Homestead prepare to be severely underwhelmed. Nothing is going to happen. The way I look at this is Nascar is showing that they will not tolerate that kind of behavior. And they don't. While most of you think the ruling is stupid and will hate Nascar forever well they should never have to be put in this situation with idiotic driver moves like that. Their shouldn't be a specific thing about it in the rulebook...and this leads to what I think Denny is referring to about "driver code" I think what he means is it's basically common sense and racing etiquette. What irks me the most is seeing things like "I doin't remember Carl's 2 race suspension" or "why wasn't Jeff Gordon suspended" well like what was said already in this very thread EVERY ONE OF THOSE ARE DIFFERENT. Different. Different circumstances in every single one. Not one was the same. Argue that all you want but in the end none of them are.

Usitgz and Smoke OR like this.
  8. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 3-Time USORL Rally Winner

Alright, I'm happy he lost the appeal. He deserved the 2-race suspension (even though Gordon deserved it in 2012 and Edwards in 2010, but whatever). Now Erik Jones can go on and win a cup race.

9. games123

games123 CHARGE!

Who would have thought that Erik would run the #11, #18, and #20 this year?

dalejr88rox likes this.
  10. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member

Because the last thing they want is to get involved in other drivers conflicts and focus on moving on, or say something stupid and have NASCAR hand them a nice little penalty that pushes them out of the Chase. Kyle already said enough as is, was surprised NASCAR wasn't on his ass about that..even McMurray told him he should have just shut up, lol

11. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

By NASCAR's logic in the past few weeks, you're only allowed to purposely wreck the field or chasers if you are still in the chase contention, yourself. What kind of silly nonsense is that? It's ok for Kevin and Joey to do what they did because they were still in contention is what they are implying? Because really, that's basically how terrible their explanation for his penalty is by inserting chase manipulation as the primary reason instead of as an additional reason with the primary being intentionally wrecking someone.

Guess the finale is going to be about four drivers (and their teammates) "accidentally" getting loose into each other.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  12. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

I'm preparing for one of these incidents to happen at Homestead and for NASCAR to take the Cup away from one driver and give it to another, then market it the "greatest Chase finish ever" (as if that meant anything)

13. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

His suspension was reduced until Dec 31, not 6 months.

On a side note, Tony still hasn't busted Joey's ass. Now would be the perfect time.

14. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

[​IMG]

Spike likes this.
  15. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

It's sad that a majority of "fans" are going to be talking mad shit about one of those two drivers for the rest of the year, and then there's me and maybe five people who're looking forward to the actual racing, lol.

18fan4life likes this.
  16. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Though my opinion will be in the minority on this issue Matt had the penalty/suspension coming though I think a one race suspension would have set enough of an example to the other drivers. He blocked Kansas like a semi, Joey had the faster car. Matt could have just let Joey have it and finish with a 2nd place finish and more than likely would still be in the Chase, but he chose not too so Joey did what he had to do. If it was Dale Earnhardt sr instead of Joey Logano that did the bump n run at Kansas... well you get my drift ;) .
    What Matt did @ Martinsville was just hot headed stupidity. He could have just did a bump n run to Joey instead of using his car as a weapon. He forced Nascar's hand to make an example out of him and they did to make sure there will be no more shenanigans this season.

17. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

I'm over and done with the drama of the past week. I'm gonna focus on one thing. What kind of storybook ending would it be to a stellar career if Jeff Gordon leaves Homestead carrying the big trophy home? Me personally I think it would be awesome, and this coming from a person who has never been a Gordon fan.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  18. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

Just let Joey have the win? Are you high? Do you recall that Matt wrecked twice at Charlotte and needed a win to move on? The moment you move over and give another driver a win is the day you no longer are a racing driver

MrDude68 and TJBartel like this.
  19. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

Too bad you used that meme wrong

jacobc62 likes this.
  20. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

Regardless, Joey didn't "have to dump" Matt, blocking or not, there were 2 other grooves he could have run.

dalejr88rox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.