1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Ground Pounder Designs 2014

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by RP Motorsports, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Our first 2014 update has been posted to the site. Here's a peek -

#2 Doug Coby - WMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#2 J.R. Bertuccio - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#5RI Cam McDermott - Waterford/Stafford/Thompson SK (painted by Will)
    [​IMG]

#7 Thomas Stinson - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#11 Andy Seuss - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#17 Todd Owen - VMRS (painted by Will)
    [​IMG]

#36 Jay Sundeen - Stafford/Thompson SK (painted by Will)
    [​IMG]

#58 Eric Goodale - WMT (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#58 Eric Goodale - VMRS (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#73 Cole Powell - WMT/WSMT (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

John Norton, neiana, DaveO and 4 others like this.
  2. big_otter

big_otter Well-Known Member

Excellent work as always.

Thanks GPD!

1 person likes this.
  3. Kharvick29

Kharvick29 Well-Known Member

nice rides!

2 questions:

1) The Thompson/Stafford cars... or those localy run cars or just some one offs for those tour races?
    2) The 11 car...Suess... Is he still running that car in the Southern Tour? I was at Bowman Gray for week 1 and week 2... and Flemming was running that car in both modifed events at the Stadium.

Btw- the 79 car made an appearance there saturday night... Davis is driving it now?....but that car is absolutely sick in person....like one of the best paint schemes ive seen on a modified. it was awesome. He struggled big time at the track though lol.

Any thoughts on a stadium set down the road? i think the hardest part of most of the schemes would be finding the logos more than the schemes themselves (a majority are one color base schemes, and another portion are the cars yall will paint up for the tour)... really i think the toughest stadium car will be Burt Myers scheme (and its a sick looking car). lol

2 people like this.
  4. mje33

mje33 Well-Known Member

Based upon the photos that I researched when I did this car (yes, Seuss is running, and has already won with this scheme), it looks like Ideal Racing has more than one car. I saw at least one photo with the Seuss 11 next to a nearly identical Fleming 11. The biggest differences were in the roof area.

1 person likes this.
  5. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

Nice work!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Kharvick29

Wasnt sure if Flemming just bought one of their cars to run the BGS season... it still had the whelen decal on the roof thats what threw me off lol

7. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

The cars like the 5 and 36 are SK Modifieds that run weekly, and not on the tour.

Ideal Racing has 3 or 4 cars. There are two red #11's, one for BGS and one for the tour.

1 person likes this.
  8. RP Motorsports

You can see where it says "SK" after "Stafford/Thompson" (5 & 36 cars). As Ben said, the SK modifieds run a weekly division at those tracks, very much like the BGS modifieds. Waterford, Stafford, and Thompson all have their own SK division (Thompson calls theirs "Sunoco modifieds"), and many of the SK teams will run at multiple tracks.

To add to what Mike and Ben mentioned, I believe thats the same car Seuss ran at Daytona last year because the primary (which he runs on the Tour right now) was being rebuilt. Before that, it had white numbers on it.

The logos aren't a problem. We already have to make most of them from scratch anyways (which is part of what makes modifieds more time consuming). Most of the sponsors you see on the modifieds (north or south) aren't big companies with logos available on the internet. The biggest thing when it comes to a stadium set is just that we already have a lot on the priority list with the three tours and then all the SK's (as well as cars from the open shows up north). I'd personally love to do some BGS cars, but they'd have to come after everything else.

And as for Myers car, you might just see it in the next update. ;) Since it's the same scheme he's running on the tour, maybe I'll see about turning out the BGS version of it as well (which looks better with less decals).

1 person likes this.
  9. Kharvick29

Yeah i wouldnt expect a stadium set to take priority...if i could paint worth anything id try it ha.

Question...i havent seen a southern tour race yet... theres a 15 that runs at the stadium... looks like it was the red version of John Smiths 25 car... does that 15 run on tour? Or just a team car to the 25 at the stadium?

10. mje33

mje33 Well-Known Member

The red 15 is the same team as the red 25 that Smith ran last year (new number, new driver). That car does run on the Southern Tour and you will be seeing it in the next upate(y)

1 person likes this.
  11. Kharvick29

Hes been pretty fast at the stadium....but hes struggled not getting in wreck lol... last week was rough on that car

12. Kharvick29

not sure if its happened to anyone else yet, but the two SK mods are not downloadable

13. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Yes, we're aware of that. They were uploaded to the server with the wrong physics and would not work with the SK Mod we offer at our site, so they have been corrected and new links will be up shortly. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Kharvick29

15. Kharvick29

Just wondering, amy updates coming our way soon? Hadnt heard anything lately

16. J.R.Franklin

Yup. We're pulling one together right now. It should be out soon. :)

3 people like this.
  17. Kharvick29

awesome!

18. J.R.Franklin

To all of our modified racing racing fans patiently awaiting our next site update of 2014 modifieds, our webmaster has been experiencing some PC issues and is in the process of purchasing a new rig.

Stayed tuned..... the next update of cars will hopefully be up in the not-too-distant future. Thanks for your support and patience.

2 people like this.
  19. RP Motorsports

New update posted to the site. Here's a peek -

#12 Mike Norman - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#15 Joe Ryan Osbourne - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#31 Cody Ware - WSMT (painted by Mike)
    [​IMG]

#48 Keith Rocco - WMT (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#65 Danny Bohn - WSMT (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#68 Keith Rocco - VMRS (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#88 Keith Rocco - Waterford/Thompson SK (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

#88 Keith Rocco - Stafford SK (painted by Ben)
    [​IMG]

20. Kharvick29

Sweet lookin cars! Surprised the 15 stopped running at the stadium

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.