1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Having trouble adding a painted car to the game

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by 2guns, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2guns

2guns Active Member

So I downloaded the troyer template for the whelen modified tour, painted the car to my liking and saved it like the tutorials said but no luck.
    I save them under PSD but typed the file name and ended it with .tge put the file in exports/imports still no luck

what am I doing wrong??

I have included the jpeg of the car I made..
    I

Attached Files:

2. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

You need to save it from Photoshop/GIMP as a .tga and place that in your import/export folder.

2guns likes this.
  3. 2guns

2guns Active Member

Thank you for responding. I just went into the file and resaved it as a tga but still would not show up in the game.

4. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

After saving as .tga, you put it in the exports_imports folder in your nr2003 directory. Then in the mod the car is made for, you go to the opponent manager. In the opponent manager, you make a new driver, make sure when making the new driver you have the car on the right make/model. Then you click the "Import" button in the bottom left of the screen, and select the tga you put in that exports_imports folder.

2guns likes this.
  5. 2guns

2guns Active Member

I appreciate your reply as well my friend, After doing so again still no luck. It does say its a TGA file, it was unmasked in the paint process, and put in the correct folder but still no luck.
    I refuse to give up, I want to learn this so bad so I can contribute to the community.

6. 2guns

2guns Active Member

I noticed when I do hit the "Import" Button the car turns blue and same thing with the pit crew. No matter what I do the Troyer car in the game wont accept the Paint that I made.
    But the files are showing up when you hit export and import.
    The template does say its for a troyer modified so I'm on the right one even to make sure I did it to every make.

I'm sorry I'm such a pain

7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

That's... interesting. And you're fine, it's what comes with being new to the game. I'll be honest I've played this game for almost 9 years and I learned something new just a couple weeks ago. That's just what happens in old 14 y/o abandoned games. But honestly I've got no idea what's up there.

2guns likes this.
  8. 2guns

2guns Active Member

My friend I guess it will be a trial and error type thing.
    Thanks to all of you and the game itself I have learned more about computers than ever before. I like that push I get to learn

sabres123fan likes this.
  9. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

Make sure the dimensions are exactly 1024x1024 or 2048x2048. That might be the issue

2guns likes this.
  10. 2guns

2guns Active Member

I appreciate the reply and I looked into it just now and the file is at 1024x1024

11. Julio Chang

Julio Chang On the list of Jericho

Make sure it's uncompressed 24 bit when you save the .tga.

2guns likes this.
  12. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Make sure your TGA file name doesn't have spaces in it.

2guns likes this.
  13. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

?? You can use tga files with spaces.

2guns likes this.
  14. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

I'm just throwing out whatever I can think of. Otherwise it could also be special characters in the file name or that it could be too long for the game to accept.

2guns likes this.
  15. 2guns

2guns Active Member

I appreciate all suggestions, I just checked and its uncompressed 24 bit,
    Perhaps it maybe too long?? but even short ones would go.
    Also crazyboy335 congrats to you and your pens.

crazyboy335 likes this.
  16. 2guns

2guns Active Member

I started at 12pm its now 6.. I'm about to ask if someone would just make it for everyone to download haha
    I refuse to give up though..i really want to learn but also stubborn

17. RED84Cf

RED84Cf Member

Don't know what your doing but I just quickly threw it in and made the car file. Brendan.png

2guns likes this.
  18. 2guns

2guns Active Member

Car is gorgeous, I really wish I knew my friend.. Its probably something stupid, but I don't know

19. RED84Cf

RED84Cf Member

Take this zipped tga file unzip and upload it to the Whelen series, exports_imports folder. Go into game pick, Whelen Modified Tour Mod, at bottom chose opponent manager, click on new, chose chassis Chevrolet, type file name no spaces, now you should see plan car, click import find the tga file, chose it click OK, now you should see the car, do the same for the pit crew if you have one, fill out driver information. Click on save go to to player info scroll to your file name you should see the pic .

Attached Files:

2guns likes this.
  20. 2guns

2guns Active Member

Hello red my apologies for taking long to get back to you, twas a busy day yesterday.
    Somebody made me the car on stunod racing and was already in the game but I truly appreciate you doing that. I am grateful.
    So what I did is I got a template for my 2014 trucks mod and painted a truck and once again used a tga file and followed all of your steps and yet it wouldn't work.

Heres a little background. when I save it the selection I get is Photoshop PSD I put the file name as (for the truck) FordPublic.tga it saves as a tga file
    I open the imports_exports and put the file in there. Then I open my game and select new. I give it a random file name a select ford the make of the truck I painted.
    I put in all the information and then hit import, the file shows up I click okay and then nothing happens.

I have no clue why, it seems to work for all of you. I have the actual cd version of the game so it cant be cause of that.. and I make sure the mask is off prior to saving the file.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.