1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

HEAT 4

Discussion in '3d Model and Scene Showroom' started by Rogue, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

xfinity Supra supra.jpg

mtblillie, JNieder51188 and normM like this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I assume with the header being "HEAT 4", this is the extracted model from the game?
    If so, I'd be interested in know how you pulled that off, as this would make creating templates and schemes to package and import a helluva lot easier.

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Yes it is extracted from HEAT 4 into 3dsmax

4. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Since Heat is a Unity game, it's very easy to browse the game's files with third party programs.

JNieder51188 likes this.
  5. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Well this is mindblowing. Is anything else extractable from the game, such as templates? I'm curious to hear more about this because I obviously love making schemes.

6. RacerXero84

Templates not that I've seen; but the schemes are there.... which means if you also extract the models, you could feasibly create a template with relative ease. The question remains, if you DO that, how would overwriting the existing schemes work?

But I digress, it's off topic to a point. I do like how we can see that the models can be extracted though.

7. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

We make our own templates, they are not difficult to do. All the textures can be extracted as well. You can edit driver files to make custom schemes. You just need the editors.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  8. JNieder51188

I'm curious to see more of this after googling how simple it seems if you know what files to pull. Also tempted to purchase the game again just to mess with the models. Not trying to beat a dead horse though on templates, but wouldn't there be a basic file buried in the game that contains these since it has a paint booth that applies lights/contigencies?

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  9. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

Since you can create paintjobs in game there is a basic template that can be extracted by tga or png.

JNieder51188 and RacerXero84 like this.
  10. JNieder51188

There is a guy on reddit who created a boatload of layered .psd files including truck/xfinity/cup/crews/headshots (Search modding NASCAR Heat 4). Pretty much everything. I guess the models and mapping for textures/templates stayed the same for the 2019 update on Heat 3. I'm still contemplating diving into this since the models look so good.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  11. RacerXero84

Saw this. It's impressive to say the least. Although I'd be curious as to how this might effect online racing graphically.

Nice of them to include a TXT help file too on the basics surrounding this.... although I think they could have done without the snarky quip at the end of the text document.....

12. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Funny we still live rent-free in this moron's head.

Tetronix and RacerXero84 like this.
  13. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I am not to fussed about HEAT4 templates, since I have other plans in mind. Anything is possible with the Unity tools.

14. JNieder51188

Holy sh*t. I just came across that .txt file. It amazes me how people get bent out of shape over this NASCAR designing stuff. Like ask for help and move on if you don't get it.

15. Smoke OR

Looks like he just extracted the .png's and added a base layer in photoshop.

16. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

I totally get with wanting to be able to figure out how to figure out how other games tick. Since I made the original templates for this game years ago. But I never did take the models, and then slap them into another game. What I don't understand is why don't you just create your own models, and put then into whatever game you are thinking? I would think you would have more pride with creating your own models from scratch. Instead of just "taking" original models from another game. It's why we create our own models from scratch. I'll quote an old friend of mine "KingDA" It's all in the artists interpretation, (creativity) on how we create our own models. Don't get me wrong I've done a conversion of even Jack's models of trucks to Heat before. But, I've never taken models from another game. Guess at the end of the day it's up to everyone to do it the way they want. I guess I'm getting to old for this shit. I've always just enjoyed using my imagination and creating shit. lol

Good luck with the Nascar mod. :)

Smoke OR likes this.
  17. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I was only looking at the model for reference, I never said I was putting it anywhere. I guess I should have not posted anything. To be clear, I am building an Assetto Corsa mod from scratch.
    And now it seems clear I should do it on my own behind closed doors.
    AC-mod.jpg

18. Smoke OR

I wasn't implying a mod was being made. If I did it wasn't my intent.

19. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

No worries, that was my mistake...I was not thinking clear. Going through a cancer issue, I should have just not said what I said. All good guys...