1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Hello

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Focalor, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Focalor

Focalor Member

Hello, I'm Focalor. I'm currently the head admin over the Nascar 2003 league at BTR (Brothers of Tru Racing). I don't own the servers, but I do all the race scheduling, race admin duties, and homepage updating for the recent race results and points standings. Maybe you've heard of BTR before. We're one of the two sites that stepped up to host the RevampedReloaded tracks that everybody in NR2k3 loves to race these days. By the way, if anyone's got nothing to do on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday nights, come swing by and race with us. Attendance is pretty sparse at the moment, so the more the merrier. You can check our page for schedules and info here: Brothers of Tru Racing - Nascar 2003 Season

Anyway, I started racing offline with Nascar 2 back in the late 90's when I was in high school, then moved on into Nascar 1999 when that come out. Then I got the GNS expansion pack for it. I had downloaded a bunch of crazy modifications for it, even one that finally allowed the cars to "flip", which was a lousy joke, because it was so unrealistic and horrible.:D A few years later I brought home a copy of Nascar 2002, but never was able to figure out how to tweak the steering for keyboard, so I got all of maybe 20 minutes of play time outta that one.

Back in 2008, I got back into playing Quake2 online, a game that I used to spend a lot of time playing online in high school. After a while, I ended up joining a Quake2 clan, and through Quake2, I met several guys from another clan called [BTF]. They had another part of their clan called [BTR] devoted to racing games, and a couple of guys from BTF got to talking to me about Nascar 2003 one day, and I remembered having so much fun racing the old Papyrus Nascar games years ago, so I jumped at the chance to join them for an opportunity to finally do some racing online against actual human competitors.

I've found out that I'm really not a terrific racer. I drive okay, and I've won a few races (none this season yet:() I just don't get into the tweaking setups like some other people do. But what I really love about it is all the different user created mods that I can paint cars for. Sometimes I think I enjoy painting up the cars more than actually racing them.

Anyway, I think I've downloaded a few logos from this place before. Most recently, I downloaded the 2013 Sprint Cup contig worksheet. BIG HUGE THANKS to whoever posted that! The Gen6BR templates had NO contigs on it, so those were a big help. Anyway, I figured since I'm always painting new stuff, might as well go ahead and register here in case I wanna talk about something or ask any questions.

1 person likes this.
  2. TColeman12

TColeman12 #BMR19Team

Welcome to the forums Focalor
    I have heard about Brothers of Tru Racing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.