Help from all you Painters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang

#11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

Been painting up a personal scheme and need some advice on how to improve the scheme, because most times when i paint a personal scheme it just doesn't seem like it mixes in with the other schemes out on track.

Keeping with the theme its 2011, and im driving for Petty Enterprises and using their sponsors and the #9.

Advice from anyone is greatly appreciated :)

jbraun57

My Name Is Human
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with it man, good job! (y)

ArchBanana

Blue Collar, Gold Swagger
SRD Member
Reaction score
I would connect the yellow and the white to the rear, but other than that, it looks great!

Hendrick4life

309 Wins | 16 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Agree with AB, maybe it would look better if you connected the yellow and white to the back. Looks great so far. Good Job

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think you should make the base like Charter's colors, and connect the base to the TV panel. Otherwise I like it. And possibly make the Mustang text black.

Darren Ingram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The yellow seems out of place to me...I thought their colors were blue and green?

Anyway, I don't know if it's just the Carviewer pics, but the yellow, and blue to some extent, seem way to bright. I'd tone it down a little. I'd also get rid of the white and fill it with whatever color is above that area.

Good job though!

bubba025

"I Wanna Go Fast."
SRD Member
Reaction score
I would also suggest the Blue and Green. Nice concept though, and you should definitely keep playing with it!

Cody Ficker

@ApocApollo
Banned
Reaction score
I would add Petty Swooshes behind the side numbers too. And I'm also echoing the blue and green, as was addressed earlier.

Mustang

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated, played around with colors and stuff and wrapped the base scheme around the back end. Here's what i got, think im going to go back to photoshop and play around with the base scheme, it's bugging me slightly.

If anyone has any feedback on a possible base scheme change or anything else, go for it :)

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
That looks a lot better. But one thing that kinda irks me is the green swoosh under the headlights. With it curved up toward the hood like that I feel like part of the story is getting cut off by it not doing anything above the headlights. But that's just me and my weirdness

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah that green swoosh looks odd. Try more of a flatter incline on the front end. Also, try Petty swooshes?

Mustang

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll see what i can do for further improvements, i'll post another scheme for all y'all to give feedback on in the next couple days, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.