5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

How Many laps?

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here is another one of my strange questions. Lol. You guys may have figured out already that I am full of them. Lol.

Anyway, in one of my online race leagues, I run the truck series there. 2020 is going to be my second year running it and I wanted to try and clean things up a bit. This past year I felt like I was kind of all over the place with the amount of laps we ran in each race. I tried to base it on time so the race wouldn't go to late.

This year I still want to base it on the amount of time that it should take to run a race. Instead of throwing a percentage of a race up there, running a simulated but accelerated race and then going well that looks good. Lol. I want to keep the races to about an hour. That would be without cautions, although I do know cautions are going to happen and extend the time that we run.

So my question is, is there a quick and easy way to figure out how many laps can be run on a certain track within that hour time frame? I thought about sitting here for an hour and just seeing how many laps go by. I also thought about again simulating an accelerated race but would that turn out to be accurate because it is accelerated? I didn't want to do that and it tells me I can run 100 laps in an accelerated race and then we get to the real race, we are racing for a hour and half and we aren't even done yet. Lol. Is there some kind of math equation that I could try and use to come up with that number?

Thanks.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I guess you could ball park it and use the average lap time for a track and do the math. Say 60 seconds a lap you could set the distance to 50 laps, that leaves 10 minutes or so for cautions and such, plus fall off on lap times

123456789colton

SRD Member
Reaction score
Accelerating it won't mess anything up. It acts like a fast forward button for a race that is already completed so to say. You could accelerate 5 races and see how ling each race is, and how many cautions you can get

nascarfan9

Vito Crowleone
SRD Member
Reaction score
In seasons 2-4 of my Corvega Cup Series, I'm pretty sure I ran 30% distance at all tracks, which for the most part, put the races on average between 45 minutes to hour and 15 minutes at most. The few exceptions would be races that had several cautions, but races that ran clean were typically over in 45-an hour.