Updated

How to build a room in 3d studio max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What do we think? Do we like? Dislike? Thumbs Up? Thumbs down? Stars? Should I just quit? Are you happy? Hows your mom?

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What do we think? Do we like? Dislike? Thumbs Up? Thumbs down? Stars? Should I just quit? Are you happy? Hows your mom?
I think it's very useful/helpful. I like. Two thumbs up. NO DON"T QUIT! At the moment I'm somewhat happy. My mom is a b!tch.

hoosierdaddy, I would definitly use your tutorials and make my own creations/scenes but I need a version of 3dsMax that works with the 2010 scenes here. I have 2011 version but will that work with SRD scenes? Even though they were made with 3dsMax 2010?

Weather or not I have a working version I still read through your tutorials. In fact I was just going over the "Zen" one as I type this. Someday I hope I can put what little knowledge I have to use in this program :)

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yo, tell your mom I said hi.

As for 3dsmax. I use 3ds 9 and the older scenes work, which is fine, cause I only use the model and then remake the materials. SO, all you need is the model and textures. Delete everything else. Then make everything yourself.

super39fan

SRD Member
Reaction score
I still don't get how to subtract the window from the wall at 4:24 I am currently using 2010. Any help would be appreciated. The rest of your tutorial is very easy to understand. Thanks!

DanielC

SRD Member
Reaction score
I did all that you said to do but when i do the test render this is what it comes out as.

Attachments

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
okay. Your window is there. As you can see, the light is coming through it.

Make sure mental ray is set as your renderer. Make sure you use mrsky and mrsun under the options panel for the light.

Make sure you have the right environ map set. (Press 8 and set it to mrenvironment or mrsky or whatever it's called)

Press 8 and make sure you have logarithmic set for the exposure and make sure that "exterior light" is UNchecked.

DanielC

SRD Member
Reaction score
That worked! plus i didn't have final gather enabled. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.