42 - Clover Camaro - DOV1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

ICR Mod discussion thread

Carbine M1A1

SRD Member
Reaction score
The zip file should be named IRC Mod Corona if it is not then you dont have the updated file

bigman1

Lurker
Reaction score
Make sure to read the ReadMe - Credits.txt that comes with the mod and specifically the performance section. Make sure your game has the dx9 update and 4GB patch.
Well that's the thing, I do have the 4GB update and DX9 reshade update. I'm going to try to redownload it but I guess my graphics card just can't handle it for some reason. Thanks for the quick response

Edit: I got it to work now! Mod is amazing. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well that's the thing, I do have the 4GB update and DX9 reshade update. I'm going to try to redownload it but I guess my graphics card just can't handle it for some reason. Thanks for the quick response

Edit: I got it to work now! Mod is amazing. Thank you very much!
Just in-case someone else runs into same issue as you what did you do to fix it?

ERS

SRD Member
Reaction score
WOW! Haven't downloaded yet but I must say that your video is the best NR2003 related I've ever seen in my 15 years with this game. Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Your work is appreciated and envied!!

Ernie

2002fb

SRD Member
Reaction score
Really impressed with this mod. Love, love, love it ! All the templates to start off with, interior is amazing, has a very European sports car feel to it. This is the best thing to hit NR2003 in a decade.

bigman1

Lurker
Reaction score
Just in-case someone else runs into same issue as you what did you do to fix it?
I went ahead and re downloaded the shader mods and turned shadows off in the in game settings. I haven't played around with the settings yet to see how much my PC could handle but for now at least the mod runs perfectly fine, just no shadows from the cars which personally doesn't bother me. Thanks again Mystical

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the overwhelming positive support on the mod. I am glad to hear the months of day in and out work has paid off and many are enjoying racing with it. Post-launch content is still on the way in the future days. I am also happy to announce version 1.1 update will be coming to the mod. There have been no critical issues with 1.0 but there are a few minor fixes, improvements, and additions I wanted to make to complete my vision of the mod to make it be in its best state I can make it. There is no definitive date for 1.1 but I don't suspect it will be too far off as progress on 1.1 is already going smoothly. Release notes when 1.1 drops will give full details on everything new with it.

I do want to state 1.1 won't be some massive overhaul or revolutionary changes so any templates you paint on or schemes you make will still work on 1.1, there may be some new paintable pieces to added to the templates but without them the mod would still work fine with any previously painted schemes that have not received the update (but it will be highly recommended to update them for the best experience with the mod of course).

FillWarmer

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey, Mystical! Will 1.1 be a "Patch" or will it be re-downloaded as a new mod? Just curious! Thanks again for your hard work!

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey, Mystical! Will 1.1 be a "Patch" or will it be re-downloaded as a new mod? Just curious! Thanks again for your hard work!
It will be a re-download as the dat file will be repacked with the new files/changes. The templates will most likely be updated too but there will be a separate file for users of the 1.0 templates to download if they'd rather add the new elements manually on than redownload all the templates again.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
I don't think I've officially said anything in this thread about your work, but you know by now, you have gained a huge fan in me with what you've been able to accomplish in this community.

This mod is a reflection of that commitment and absolute pristine way you are able to do 2d work. Your 3d work is unreal too, but me only being a 2d guy, I can really appreciate your ability to make textures and templates etc... Just really top notch work.

Well done man. Well done.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
1) How in the hell?
2) How in the hell?
3) How in the hell!?

Seriously though how did you figure that all this was even possible? Then again I shouldn't be surprised considering you've done what was "impossible" before with the UI.

But yeah the mod came out great holy shit! Absolute freaking quality man. You are just full of surprises lol. Wow. Thank you Mystical for the amazing time and effort you put into bringing this to us! Only minor thing is that when trying to paint the splitter separately from the valence it turns out like this.
Untitled-1.jpg

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Seriously though how did you figure that all this was even possible? Then again I shouldn't be surprised considering you've done what was "impossible" before with the UI.
So here is the backstory of the Driver Display Interface and how it came to be:

While making the mod I had several ideas of things I'd like to try. Before I finished the model I knew right away it would be cool to have some sort of UI pop on the car as you raced to display more info. Last November when I had the idea it was just a concept. Ultimately it comes down to how I can take one piece of code and use a different mesh on it, extend the boundaries, or make a variable that was meant to do one thing an then make it act/look like something else. It is the same practice of what I did with UIE 2013 user interface 'mod'. As a famous line in the Apollo 13 movie a guy said "I don't care what anything is designed to do, I care what it can do" The Driver Display Interface was technically possible since NR2003 modding first started. Not that the DDI had been made before (that was entirely my own idea) but the piece of code to make it work really great was posted on USThePits.com: http://www.thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=347&hilit

The very last link leads to a document on backfire. As I showed how backfire is made for a mod in my dev posts thread this link shows a bit more of a complicated way to do it but still effective. When I saw the line of code called: "BILLBOARD POS (0, 0, 0) AXIS(0, 0, 0)" thats when it hit me. If BILLBOARD is the same billboard that other games use then it makes a mesh act as a sprite.

Before I continue we have to wind the clocks back to 2016-2017 when I took a 2+ year break from NR2003. I went over to make mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim. I made a lot of high quality models and scripts and along with it learned the modding jargon used in those communities. Well as fate would have it those games use a 'billboard' feature in their nif files as well:

upload_2020-5-23_19-45-59.png

The Billboard in those games is a sprite as well. What is a sprite? Well in games its mostly commonly known as a mesh plane that will always face the player's camera no matter what angle you move it or how crazy it spins. So fast forward to January/February 2020 I was almost done with the whole mod and we were entering release phase. The last thing I saved for last was trying out the DDI. So I made the mesh with textures then I applied the billboard code to it. First time going in the game to see it interact was very cool. Its surprising for something so impactful for the mod was one of the easiest things to implement. Granted it was made a lot easier since I purposefully saved room on the template as well so it could be painted. In the most simple terms the DDI is just a part of the car but that mesh has a special property applied to it to face the camera always. Also to make it look like true UI I made it self-lighting so no matter if its a day or night track it will never be effected by the brightness or darkness and look like actual UI floating above the car.

So in a way making mods for Fallout and Skyrim ended up paying off for NR2003 when I came back and decided the first thing I wanted to do was try and make a mod lol. I don't know how many more 'groundbreaking' things I can come up with but I will always try different things or at the very least do something different looking than I had done it before to keep fresh. There were a lot of other things I tried with the mod that sadly didn't pan out, most of them didn't work becasue the game (NR2003) was not hooked up to recognize certain code in certain places. For example I tried to have caution lights and the green flag as lights appear on the cockpit dash, however the NR2003 code only recognizes the caution lights code on a NR2003 trackside object or a pace car light 3do.

The last thing I'd like to point out as I have seen it mentioned on various media platforms is "can this be added to other mods?" While the answer is technically yes there are a few things to keep in mind: 1) The original mod authors would have to come back and recompile their mod and create a new make_a.3do file. They would have to create the DDI meshes, add the code to their existing mod code, recompile it. 2) The part that would make it harder to add to older mods is the template needs to have a spot on it to be paintable. If there is no spot then it makes the DDI pointless to have since the template is out of space. 3) The other thing to consider is I cannot force any other mod makers to add it. Some will see it as a gimmick or not part of their mods vision and thats totally fine. It is along with the other features my mod has part of my mods vision and what makes it unique from the others. Its unfortunately not a feature I can just go and patch other mods with, you'd need the original 3ds file and psg scripts to do it and even then the templates would have to be updated. So unless a mod author comes to me asking for help or knows how to do it on their own they will have to update their own mods. It will definitely be a feature I will continue to support and build upon as you will see with the ICR 1.1 update coming soon.

As for the valence/splitter issue you are having you would need to color it similar to this go separate the two parts as different colors:
upload_2020-5-23_19-18-19.png

I plan to have in post launch content paintable options like this as layer so it will be easier than having to manually do it for each template over and over again. They will be optional template add-ons as download files.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well that was very informative. Wonder what else they had buried in the code that they could of added to the game.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just like N4 before the patch. If you spun and didn't clutch, the engine would stall, then the game would refire. Cost some time but was a cool feature that was removed.

TChapman500

Developing my own games.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm getting about 50 FPS at full detail with the full field visible. I had to turn off shadows though because it kept crashing my game.